GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD (bargain) 1st March 16 plate

Ds45

Hi all,
It's my first post so go easy on me! Been looking for a new car for ages, something smaller than my old Passat 170 sport, a bit more fun and with some of the 'new car features'. Had a price for a new Golf GT early last year from a dealer and costs put me off. Eventually found car wow and things improved a lot, and after deciding to sell my car privately (only worth about £3k) I tried Drive the deal and found a great deal on a GTD instead.

I've ordered a GTD 5 door in pearl black. No options, but standard Kessy push button start, discover navigation, parking sensors, (you know the latest spec better than I do I bet!). Costing less than a Motorpoint GTD import with non LED lights with some miles on.

Cost:
£1500 deposit
£277 per month pcp based on 10,000 miles per year with VW finance x 47 payments over four years
£10,899 future value/ final payment

Used the £1000 loyalty bonus from VW (just show your existing V5) that helped but really happy to have saved £6k + off list.

Got to travel quite a few miles to collect (was offered free delivery but they drive it to you and I wanted to collect it from the dealer myself - all part of the experience right?)

Really wanted Dynaudio but as they had one without available much much sooner (and in time for 1st March 16 plate) so I decided not to wait. You know what it's like...decision made, deal done, need it now! Really don't know how so many on here have patience enough to wait so long for delivery. Most do seem to already have nice cars so maybe that helps.

Process has been very simple, couple of emails, and now just waiting on list of possible registration plate numbers - I'd be gutted if I went and the plate ended with OAP or worse! (I'd never live it down!)

I have read most of the threads on here and learned so much -thanks. What can be done with VCDS is amazing! How times have changed since I last bought a car..blimey I sound 75 not 45.

I'll wait to try the sound system but may end up with a plug and play upgrade but with an alternate sub under a seat instead of losing a spare wheel.

Thanks for listening.

Roll on March!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
FYI when you have Dynaudio you do not lose the spare wheel...............the new spare wheel is a skinny 18" rim, face down in the well, the subwoofer sits inside the spare.........plus you get 8 better speakers & an amp under the passenger seat. This then makes the Head unit act as a pre-out unit..........

The stock speakers are ok, just the HU has carp settings built in.........I went for the Dynaudio to save me ripping the interior out..........

Ds45

Yes, realise that Dynaudio is the much better option but just didn't want to wait so went for one without. Read all the other threads on here about audio, and on other forums and have seen the extent of trim removal for plug and play and it's not that bad really. Still don't understand why the plug and play doesn't use a similar sub arrangement to Dynaudio, or even using a sub under the seat instead, especially when one is available that does simply plug into wiring from the plug and play amp, all manufactured by Helix/ Match. Lots of people say the standard audio is actually not that bad too but that is hard to say until I hear it for myself.

Just read your blog - outstanding! The estate looks great in that colour too. Impressive list of modifications you've done. My red Badge skins arrived today from Dennis in Canada...hardly a major mod but it's a start ��

Now that you've had the Gtechnic crystal serum treatment a while would you recommend it?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just read your blog - outstanding! The estate looks great in that colour too. Impressive list of modifications you've done. My red Badge skins arrived today from Dennis in Canada...hardly a major mod but it's a start ��

Now that you've had the Gtechnic crystal serum treatment a while would you recommend it?

Thanks & yes I would recommend it...............still a two bucket system to clean, & foam & jet wash.........but comes up cleaner & no hard scrubbing, or claying required.......& NO polishing either...........:D

pipsyp

Ready to race!
Sounds v reasonable....enjoy when it turns up.

I have a Carbon Grey GTD 5 door manual with the Kessy, Nav and Winter Pack having had an older Pearl Black one for a while before without the extra spec....its about all the car anyone could want as a v fun daily drive.

The heated seats are great, Nav for me now essential but I can take/leave the Kessy. Its nice but id not have paid for it...eats remote key batteries and I find more often than not when I am with my family I end up using the remote to open the car anyway. Nice not having keys hanging from the column though.

Black is a bugger to keep clean/swirl free but it does look great when clean.

Ds45

Hi Pipsyp,
Do you have standard audio or Dynaudio? I'm interested in what you think of standard setup?

I'm used to metallic black but I know what you mean, it was a very close and difficult choice between the two. No turning back now!

richcritch

Bargain

I'm waiting for my first Golf too. A GT (the GT edition replaces it but don't want bigger wheeels and more uncomfy ride) Got £7500 off it and comes with Dynaudio, Discover Pro and Parking Pack.... Roll on March!!!

Ds45

Sounds a great price to me, and love the options. Actually prefer the interior trim on gt to gtd so sounds a really nice car you're getting. I've driven a friends gt and it does everything well, I just wanted a little more performance, standard dual climate (had this feature on various cars for years), and although bigger wheels do make the ride a bit firmer they look good and suit the car. LED headlights complete the look.

Booked my collection slot for 8:30am on 1st of March, just need to pick the registration plate in a couple of weeks. Only 30 more sleeps!

ismile

Ready to race!
Sounds a great price to me, and love the options. Actually prefer the interior trim on gt to gtd so sounds a really nice car you're getting. I've driven a friends gt and it does everything well, I just wanted a little more performance, standard dual climate (had this feature on various cars for years), and although bigger wheels do make the ride a bit firmer they look good and suit the car. LED headlights complete the look.

Booked my collection slot for 8:30am on 1st of March, just need to pick the registration plate in a couple of weeks. Only 30 more sleeps!

Ha the wait it horrible, I'm booked in to collect a GTI 9am March 1st, cant believe you get your's half an hour earlier!!! :D

pipsyp

Ready to race!
Y
Hi Pipsyp,
Do you have standard audio or Dynaudio? I'm interested in what you think of standard setup?

I'm used to metallic black but I know what you mean, it was a very close and difficult choice between the two. No turning back now!

Hi Ds45, mines a company car so bone stock bar the colour (I had to have metallic/pearl paint) so has the standard audio.

Its v good and Im quite fussy about sound quality....I am sure Dynaudio is that bit better still of course but isnt in my mind a necessity. The low and mid bass levels need jacking up but once done it provides a v full sound and goes plenty loud enough for my liking. It does have some sort of sound normalisation to prevent bad distortion which is pretty well rounded. V v deep bass can get a bit muddy at high volumes but then I think it probably does on most in car systems bar the v best of them.

If it helps, to my ears at least the sound is better than the 12 speaker Harmon Kardon set up in the current 1 series...was a bit of a surprise TBH!

They look lovely in black....I do kind of miss my black pearl one...but for sure I dont miss cleaning it :)

Ds45

Hi Pipsyp,
That is so reassuring to hear about the standard sound, thanks.

Really really can't wait to get it now! :)

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
Because I work in a different direction to the dealership AND I have a meeting after work I have to wait till 6 in the evening if not the following day!!! :(

When I used to work with VW in Leeds, we would be delivering cars from 07:30 until around 19:30. Try and push for an earlier one maybe!!