GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R pricing dilemma; Dispute with dealership

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
I guess it depends on where you live. I picked one up this weekend and they literally had someone waiting for me to say no so they could get it. I paid MSRP and was happy. I guess it depends where you live.

This is how mine happened. #1 didn't want black, so me, #2, got it. These cars are being bought as soon as they show up. I'd love to know where '16 R's are sitting on lots.

Heh, cars.com has 1 16 listed, and it's 5k over msrp.

Davey Jones

Ready to race!
My car was actually sitting on the showroom floor in San Antonio for about a month before I bought it according to my dealer. Probably the $5k "market rate" markup they had on it. Glad I didn't fall for that crap.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
2016 manual w/ DCC. Picked it up two weeks ago. Had been on the floor basically all of August.

Wow, out here in the mid-Atlantic most seem to be ordered for someone. If one does arrive lasts less than 24 hours. I called 6 dealerships, one dealer said I'd have a better chance of getting a Dodge Hellcat.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Wow, out here in the mid-Atlantic most seem to be ordered for someone. If one does arrive lasts less than 24 hours. I called 6 dealerships, one dealer said I'd have a better chance of getting a Dodge Hellcat.

That's how it is here in CO. I can see it being a bigger draw in the areas where it snows.

foobert

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats, and glad it worked out. I've been to 3 dealerships so far here in South FL, all 3 have told me I could drive one they had (looking at a manual only), all 3 said they could "get" one with the specs I wanted.

Of those 3, 2 said "nope" when I physically showed up for a scheduled appointment and asked to drive a manual R they had on the lot in a color I wasn't interested in. Seriously. I own a '13 Audi S4. They still said no.

The 3rd dealer had one that wouldn't start, again after I showed up for a scheduled appointment, then proceeded to lowball me by about $4K on my car and would not budge.

Guess which 3 dealers aren't getting my money? I cannot believe the attitudes I've encountered thus far in my quest. The dealer where I bought a '10 GTI (and had a great experience) can't get one in the color / specs I'd like.

Total silliness. I have a line on one at yet another area dealer, we'll see how that pans out. I might just keep the S4 and lease an M3 in the next couple years. I've had better luck with much more expensive cars anyways... but I'd really like to get the R.

Davey Jones

Ready to race!
There is a black '16 manual R on the lot in North Park VW in San Antonio if you guys want to take a trip to Texas. Would be a fun drive home to break it in :D

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I bet he did not go to the owner. This is a scheme that's used every day. That was his second offer. You should have said, no thanks, give me back my deposit. I think you would have got your $750.