GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

can someone check my math on new spacers?

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
I previously was running the stock Austin wheels (18x7.5, et49) with the ECS flush kit spacers, which are 15mm in the front and 20mm in the rear.

I recently got new wheels that are 18x8, et44, and I am looking to get new spacers to bring it back to how it was with my previous setup.

According to will they fit dot com:

Based on the "poke" values being ~10mm more on the new wheels, I was thinking 5mm spacers for the front and 10mm spacers for the rear (basically subtracting 10mm from the ECS flush kit values).

I think that would be correct but does that make sense?

Thanks!

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
You need a 3mm spacer in the front and 10mm spacer in the rear to reach the same location of the old wheel in the fender. The tire will have a bit more stretch to it with a 1/2" wider wheel and less inner wheel clearance than the 7.5" width wheel.

I'd say if your current setup can go out another 2mm in front that would be the equivalent to the new setup with a 5mm spacer.

georgiatechME

Ready to race!
I relatively confirm Excelerate Rep's findings. 4mm front, 9mm rear is what I got from my calcs. You'll be fine running a 5mm front, 10mm rear. 225's on an 8" wheel will not rub.