GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mufflers on a 1.8 tsi

shanebmx3

I have magnaflow muffler and tip all in one in my garage. Was wondering if anyone has put just muffler and tips on if it changed the sound and if so good or bad? I'm not expecting performance changes by any means. And if anyone knew where to get a rear valance with the center muffler exit like the older gti.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It'll sound about the same as a resonated cat back you'd buy. If you plan to keep the stock downpipe you can just build a muffler delete and it sounds great.

Volkswagen offers a mk6 R style center exit valance. ECS tuning, your local dealership, and several other performance shops offer it for around $250-300 unpainted

shanebmx3

To be honest not totally sure I'll try to take a look. I got it from my brother he never put it on his old car and gave it to me.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
If you are planning on tuning, I would do the downpipe first. Then see how it sounds.

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
I have the Magnaflow on my 1.8T. I think it's the perfect sound IMO. Afraid a downpipe is just going to ruin that though...

whats the muffler part number? and did u change stock piping? I am thinking of doing a 2.5 inch catback with magna flow 11226 muffler. also any sound clips?

anjoVW

Ready to race!

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
This is the exhaust that Ian is using. It's a catback system so everything will be replaced up to before the downpipe. Made specifically for our 1.8t Golfs.

https://www.moddedeuros.com/products/magnaflow-street-series-cat-back-exhaust-15-golf-1-8t

Im thinking about getting a custom exhaust with 2.5" diameter with a magna flow muffler 11226 for $700 Canadian installed and everything, I am changing my rear valance to a GTI and get dual single outlet exhaust tips.

Goatah

I got just the rear muffler cut off yesterday, it's barely louder than stock and it cost $100. If you want just a tiny bit of sound I would recommend starting with that as it's super cheap.

shanebmx3

i have a 1.8 tsi i am getting a 2.5" catback with a magnaflow 11226, which muffler do you have?
I have the magnaflow street series 14833 sitting in my garage. Box says on the side for vw 1.8l not sure if the gains and stuff on the box are legit but pretty pumped to see how it sounds. Will probably just take my rear valance off so I can go center exit tips too. Till I find one I like.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
Im thinking about getting a custom exhaust with 2.5" diameter with a magna flow muffler 11226 for $700 Canadian installed and everything, I am changing my rear valance to a GTI and get dual single outlet exhaust tips.
Did you have it done yet? Any idea if anything extra required to install the GTI style valance on 1.8T?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Did you have it done yet? Any idea if anything extra required to install the GTI style valance on 1.8T?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Installing Monday , but from what i heard its a direct bolt on besides 4 push clips that you can get at any auto store, i am currently messaging a forum member who's done this as soon as he gets back to me ill post back.