GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has Anyone Installed the Clubsport S Spindles and Bearings?

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
The parts appear to be available on cars245.com. Before I buy, I'm wondering if anyone has installed these are their GTI. I'm most concerned about the fit of the GTI axle with the Audi bearing, which I assume is a spline shaft into the bearing.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Bunp for info

Very much interested in 1st hand experiences as I plan on fitting them
along with the alu subframe and sway bars.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Oh no! I thought you, Breaking Badly, would have the answer!

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
Very much interested in 1st hand experiences as I plan on fitting them
along with the alu subframe and sway bars.

Wait a moment there! The non-S Clubsport does not have the aluminum subframe? And the sway-bars are different too?
Sorry, I cannot recall the differencies VW made in the S.
An off topic question: the engine and transmission mounts (all three mounts) from Clubsport S are plug and play to GTIs?
It would be a great addition to the OP to change them too, as they will reduce the "play" of the engine as well as the chances of wheel hopping.

MarkSeven

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Sportwagen
I've ordered a set of spindles from cars245 actually. Not sure on arrival date. I do plan on giving them a try. Was looking to do LCA bushing at the same time. Anyone have the part numbers for engine and transmission mounts. I'd like to do that as well.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
The VW and Audi bearing part numbers are very similar, only differing in the first two characters (8S for VW, 8V for Audi). The similarity of the part numbers makes me think that they are actually the same thing. Or maybe that's wishful thinking. Can anyone comment?

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I've ordered a set of spindles from cars245 actually. Not sure on arrival date.
Is there a reason you didn't order the Audi bearings? Can you elaborate on the uncertainty of the arrival date; i.e., why the uncertainty?

The VW and Audi bearing part numbers are very similar, only differing in the first two characters (8S for VW, 8V for Audi). The similarity of the part numbers makes me think that they are actually the same thing. Or maybe that's wishful thinking. Can anyone comment?
When part numbers are different, parts are different, in particular when the
first digits differ. 8S means this part was developed for and first used on the
current 3rd gen Audi TT, while 8V means it's been developed for and first
used on the current A3. The middle section stands for its application (say
a front wheel bearing), while the last digits specify more detail (left or right
hand), along with the very last characters specifying the revision. The same
numbers with only differing letters means they're interchangeable.
However, regardless where parts were 'introduced', they'll be found across
the entire platform sooner or later. ;)

Wait a moment there! The non-S Clubsport does not have the aluminum subframe? And the sway-bars are different too?
Sorry, I cannot recall the differencies VW made in the S.
An off topic question: the engine and transmission mounts (all three mounts) from Clubsport S are plug and play to GTIs?
It would be a great addition to the OP to change them too, as they will reduce the "play" of the engine as well as the chances of wheel hopping.
Sadly no aluminium subframe on the regular Clubsport. :( Not sure on sway
bar differences right now. I'd need to check the table posted on the CSS
topic. I don't remember where I posted all the CSS specifica, but sure I did.
Since the CSS (and TTS) 'CJXG' engine is virtually the same as the regular CS
'CJXE' engine I'm highly convinced the CSS engine mounts will seemlessly fit
any manual gearbox GTI and CS (as there is no CSS DSG version). Granted,
the engine side mount will fit bot DSG and manual.
That being said it's an alternative to the aftermarket stuff. I still think 034
mounts are great as well. Perhaps they're even similar. :)

MarkSeven

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Sportwagen
Unsure of the arrival date because of the 5-10 day processing and shipping/importing into Canada. I didn't purchase the bearings yet since I can order those from any dealer here in Canada and I won't have to pay in USD.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I thought of another question. Does any know if the standard GTI (either non-PP or PP) brake carrier will fit the CSS spindle? I have a Brembo 330mm BBK which I hope would fit the CSS spindle.

Since the CS/CSS/R carriers are the same and GTI, PP and R use the same swivel,
I'd almost bet the standard GTI brake carrier should fit the CCS swivel seamlessly.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Today I ordered the spindles and bearings from cars245. The site says these are special order, so it will be interesting to see how long it takes for delivery.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Please do report when you get the parts.. ��

jmason

Go Kart Newbie