GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jb4 install first impressions

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Installed my used jb4 unit i got from a forum member on vwvortex. Unit is a rev 2 jb1 upgraded to jb4. Upon arrival, unit was already set to map 6 per previous owner After install, I changed map to map 1 and set boost failsafe psi to 4.8 (saw that 1hr jb1 tutoral by Cupertino Steve on youtube that you can set it to 4.8 as a "custom" 4.8)

I did a couple pulls with it installed right away then logged a stop to 5th gear.

my set up is:
2016 R 6MT
91 octane chevron gas
neuspeed intake
outdoor temp based of car said 53 degrees

Attached is my log. I started logging from deadstop to 5th gear. I used a residential street that completely open but has a short bend at the beginning before straight away. If someone could check it out and let me know if map1 is not right or I did something wrong. Given that the unit is used, is there away I can reset the unit to stock?

I want to start using map 6 so i have more adjustability and can learn more about tuning/adjusting. There are a couple examples that the youtube video i watched that i might want to try. he gives an example of "torque around town" but mentions its a dsg map..and then an example of clutch saver for us MT owners.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 12.23.15 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 12.23.15 AM.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 2,043
Last edited:

rr1santos

Ready to race!
ill just read the other threads on jb1/4 again thanks

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Yeah.... we need more plot lines. Or just upload the pull to datazap.

BTW, it is set to how it ships if you put it at Map1.

okay thanks. where is datazap? I exported the whole pull from last night. I can upload the whole file somewhere.

yeah I set it to map 1. so I should be good then..

rr1santos

Ready to race!

rr1santos

Ready to race!
so datazap just made the graph even more confusing for me than jb4 graph looks LOL.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Did you let off the throttle in 3rd?

Next time slow to 30. Put it in 3rd. Hit start. Floor it (the whole time) and wind out 3RD, lift off throttle and shift into 4th, floor it again to just a few seconds at the bottom of forth. Hit stop. Post to datazap.

yeah I did >_< I was a little nervous LOL. I will redo it in 3rd tonight

Mk72015

Ready to race!
To me your logs look good, IAT are staying down, no timing corrections, and you hitting a good amount of boost for now downpipe :)

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Am I looking at this wrong, or is your RPM varying a lot?

The actual JB4 is set to 4 over boost on program 1.

I hope this works out for you.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Give Map 2 a go....

yeah imma do that this week..been crazy with work and the weather. i'll get that map up asap. with a better pull too.