GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB1/JB4,but not limited to - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Signal B1 S2

ahbosch

Hi All

I have been getting the check engine light since I added the JB1 and still getting when I upgraded to the JB4 (map1, 2 and 6 same results) . I have a CATted (200 cels) downpipe installed. I Have tried with 02 extender, mini cat and without and I'm still getting the check engine light. When I drive normal, or my wife drives my car :p , it disappears. (So it's not a faulty 02 sensor.)

The first thing I want to know is this normal with the tune or is there something I can do to rectify the check engine light permanently?

The errors I'm getting are the following:

18933 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Signal B1 S2
P2270 00 [237] - too Lean
MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

Car is an Audi S3 Sedan (2016)

SnowyLCR

Ready to race!
The 42dd spacer have got some good reviews. Ive a hjs euro6 class downpipe without issues.. the reason you get the cel is insufficient cat.

ahbosch

Interesting: "Hg motorsport in Germany told me that the replacement of the gasket should be done every time you remove the downpipe to avoid any error codes."

Definitely need to check this. A shop did this for me, don't know if the DP came with a gasket or if they even replaced it.

But this would explain why it's always running to "lean" ..

edit: had a look on the turbo/downpipe mounting and can't see a gasket (Don't know if it should be visible or not). Since I have checked everything else in the past from wiring and sensor spacers, I went ahead and ordered a new gasket (part no: 5Q0253115B - $20 ). Will update to tell about the outcome.

Last edited:

ahbosch

Ok so replaced the gasket and cleared the codes, will see what happens.

The new gasket is about 1-2mm thicker than the old, which on a gasket is a big difference.
The downpipe bracket was easy to loosen up, meaning like one hand comfortable, no strain what so ever. Don't think that's the way it was supposed to be. I have however fastened it pretty good this time.