GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent APR Stage 1 file causing Boost Fluctuation

Ianb

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Edition 30 Golf GTI
Hi all

Just had a revised APR code on my R in the UK.

My car runs the VWR600 intake and VWR turbo pipe and VWR Oil catch can system.

I've noticed that under moderate acceleration whilst on the motorway mainly in 4th to 5th gear at approx 4000 rpm I occasionally get 2-3 quick dumps of boost.

Rather annoying on otherwise a very smooth and powerful delivery.

Car has been logged a few times and I hope APR can solve this as we are now on the 2nd revised map.

I'm not sure if this occurred on their first generic stage 1 map which we may try and replicate the issue but I've read elsewhere that boost fluctuation has occurred even with other tunes.

I don't think this seems to be affecting stage 2 cars although I maybe wrong. I am told the ECU is cutting throttle under 60-75% throttle loading maybe due to something the ECU isn't happy with.

Has anyone else experienced this??

I'm at sea level temps are 5-10 degrees normal UK conditions.

Last edited:

Ianb

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Edition 30 Golf GTI
All now sorted by APR..

Car was logged by APR and they have tweaked some settings and all is now well and buttery smooth with great spool

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
So APR gave you a tune that didn't work correctly? They did that to me on my MK4. I was very pissed because I needed to drive 200 miles to have the update installed.

Doesn't it bother you that VW will void your drivetrain warranty if you take your car to a VW dealer for service?