GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 1.8 TSI North American Oil Change

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
I was wondering if Total Quartz INEO Long Life 5W-30 Engine Oil is good my research has told me it keeps the injectors cleaner of carbon build up ect... I was just wondering which oil you guys use for the 1.8TSI also i am tuned with a JB4 , its recommended to change oil every 15k KM, I do it every 10K, i wonder if i should start doing it every 8K just to keep the oil clean especially since i have a tune.
Thanks, Chris

Nyulak

Ready to race!
I use OEM oil at OEM intervals even though I have been tuned for more than 55000 miles. Same for my old tuned 535ix, OEM oil at OEM intervals or maybe Castrol Edge at OEM intervals.

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
I use OEM oil at OEM intervals even though I have been tuned for more than 55000 miles. Same for my old tuned 535ix, OEM oil at OEM intervals or maybe Castrol Edge at OEM intervals.

true i just read that the regular intervals are too far apart for proper maintenance if you are tuned. But your cars tuned a lot more aggressive than mine and u have no problems?

Nyulak

Ready to race!
0 problems. Oil would get a workout from stop and go situations or track work. Even tuned, most of my driving is commuting to work at a constant speed. Granted, the speed is higher than the rest of the cars around me, but I'm not shooting up and down the tachometer, just holding it steady, which isn't going to stress the oil. I guess running lots of boost for a long time could put more heat into the oil, but I'm running vacuum cruising at 80-85 MPH.

When I had a Crown Vic (long time ago), the manual only recommended a shorter oil change interval for severe duty: police or taxi work, due to the constant stop and go. Both of my BMWs had more than 130000 miles on them when I switched to a new car and even with each of them having more than 100000 tuned miles, I had no issues using the standard interval.