GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 1.4 TSI ECU Upgrade!

Kykyhalim

Its not the best tune in my opinion.. the best tune is u choose the right (willing to help after sales) tuner regardless the brand in ur local area.. also what is the point of stage 1 tune if the torque is the same as before ?? Stock 1.4 tsi 250 nm and after tune still 250 nm ? So why we should tune with that brand ? Leave it stock or proper tune with apr or revo or unichip or the else. For me, stage 1 is a must and best bang of the buck from my overall modification..

I have do stage 1 with my car golf mk6 1.4 tsi from 2011 and golf mk7 1.4 tsi from 2014, no problem so far..

Last edited:
Both the clutches of the DQ200 DSG and the MQ250 manual gearbox are well known
to slip even with stock software, particularly on the 1.6 TDI (rated 250 Nm stock).
These are the gearboxes which the 140/150 PS 1.4 TSIs do come with. Lots of issues
reported. Same issue with the 1.8 TSI as offered on the Seat Leon, again rated 250
Nm stock.
The manual 122/125 PS 1.4 TSI even only comes with the DQ200 gearbox and even
weaker clutch. How could this withstand even higher torque values than the 140/150
PS TSI comes stock?
Come on guys, why do you think Volkswagen puts a stronger clutch and gearbox into
the 140/150 PS 1.4 TSI? VW would have loved to save the additional cost if it wasn't
necessary.
Even when you're willing to take "some" risk, would you really choose a tune which is
most certainly letting your clutch slip in a rather short period of time? If you have a
DSG with somewhat delicate multi-plate clutches, would you want to take this risk?

With the APR tune I'd strongly recommend to plan on getting an uprated clutch soon.

;)

sickguy

Correct! no change. For the other 1.4, we just need to tune it. I don't have dates for that yet, but when were close, I'll mention it.

Arin, I just got a 2017 Golf Wolfsburg but I'm leasing it. Is your tune transferable to a new vehicle, say if I lease another Golf after 24-month lease end?

shayneee

Product Page

APR is pleased to present the ultimate engine control unit (ECU) upgrade for the 1.4T EA211 engine. APR’s ECU upgrade is available in octane-specific variations and is conveniently flashed to the vehicle’s factory ECU through the OBD-II port without any physical modification to the factory ECU.

APR’s ECU upgrades are one of the best horsepower-per-dollar modifications for the new 1.4T engine. The APR Stage I ECU Upgrade is designed to work without requiring other changes to the vehicle’s hardware. With the ECU Upgrade alone, APR’s Calibration Experts measured higher peak figures of 216 ft-lbs of torque and 168 horsepower with 98 RON fuel. Large gains were seen throughout the power band, including an additional 67 ft-lbs of torque and 43 horsepower. The increase in horsepower and torque directly translates to an exceptionally quicker vehicle!

For more information, please visit our product page.
What are the achievable boost levels for stage 1 on the 1.4tsi 122hp model?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

setterlee

Passed Driver's Ed
A year, and still no news on the ECU upgrade for the 1.4 tsi 150hp/250nm

Do you think this could be done anytime soon, or in the next few years before I change cars?? Lol

Maybe you already changed your car buuuut, now the website show options for the 150hp/250nm xD

But that car have fame of have a weak turbo, I damaged one turbo with a tdi-tuning piggyback, I know just one person who have this apr tune and he say that his car is very well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk