GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Maryland MK7 Roll Call]

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Looks great, but I'd be frightened to drive the car. May as well paint a bullseye for parking bumpers, roadkill, and random shit in the road. Best of luck!
Lol, it's 4.5 inches off the ground, it's all good. My last car was lower and no issues. Thanks for the vote of confidence though. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
I am 100% sure you will be fine ;)

best,

Paul

Oh and the good news is the splitter is bolted on so replaceable which is nice. The spoiler is pretty much permanent though. It goes the bumper goes too, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stew

Back road drives in MD

Instead of starting a whole new thread I thought it would be appropriate (and fun/informative) to start a road/routes sharing message. I recently went on a back road route from Gaithersburg to Antietam and felt compelled to share a delightful, twisty road that I discovered. It starts on Harper's Ferry road on Maryland just adjacent to the Potomac and travels left, right, up, and down to Sharpsburg, MD. Beautiful scenery, light traffic, and insanely fun road. In turn, I thought the collective brain trust on here is probably chock full of hidden gems and scenic rides and was hoping to learn of other exhilarating back roads.

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-01-19-18-30-12_20170131084611417.jpg
    Capture+_2017-01-19-18-30-12_20170131084611417.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 702

BigMac629

Passed Driver's Ed
Instead of starting a whole new thread I thought it would be appropriate (and fun/informative) to start a road/routes sharing message. I recently went on a back road route from Gaithersburg to Antietam and felt compelled to share a delightful, twisty road that I discovered. It starts on Harper's Ferry road on Maryland just adjacent to the Potomac and travels left, right, up, and down to Sharpsburg, MD. Beautiful scenery, light traffic, and insanely fun road. In turn, I thought the collective brain trust on here is probably chock full of hidden gems and scenic rides and was hoping to learn of other exhilarating back roads.

This is a great idea! I'll be sure to upload a screenshot like yours once I get some more free time. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

digilio86

Ready to race!

Hello everybody. Ocean City Maryland here. After today she will be a fully gutted GTI. Plans are to paint interior black and build a harness setup along with accompanying bucket seats.

Obvious Hatchback Fanatic here. This is my Rendition of a show car/track weapon. Wide fenders to fit more rubber and stage 3 may happen in the distant future but as of for now after I get the suspension in I'm gonna lay off the mods for awhile.

2016 2 Door Performance Package DSG GTI

Apr Tcu/Ecu Tune
Is38 Swap
CTS Turbo Back
Integrated Engineering Intercooler
CTS Inlet pipe
CTS Outlet Pipe
CTS Turbo Muffler Delete
CTS Diverter Valve
Forge Intake
CTS Catchcan
BFI Motor and Trans Mount
BFI Dogbone Insert
Odyssey Lightweight Battery/Bracket 9lbs
235 40x18 Continental DWS06 (winter setup) 18x8.5 Et 45 VMR V810 (winter setup)

Ordering today
H&R RSS + Clubsports (camber plates front sway bar links included)
034 Rear Sway Bar Links
VWR Lower Motor Mount
H&R Front & Rear Sway Bars
Audi S3 Aluminum Subframe
Tyrol Sport Deadset Subframe Kit
SuperPro Lower Control Arms

Deliberating On What Wheels to run with some
Toyo R888

Last edited:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Leather seats, eh?

Vultures circling.

digilio86

Ready to race!
Haha um no I will be keeping this car forever as I highly doubt any one will have interest in my track prepped gti. The investment will never be returned. Built on pure emotion lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
Anyone around the Timonium/Owing Mills/Frederick or Westminster area with an IS38? Would like to check it out vs. stage 2 before I decide which route to take.

digilio86

Ready to race!
Anyone around the Timonium/Owing Mills/Frederick or Westminster area with an IS38? Would like to check it out vs. stage 2 before I decide which route to take.

I went straight to is38 but imo it's completely worth it. Depending on how you drive your car you may miss the low rpm torque of the IS20.