GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 7 R20 Replica HID Headlights

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
How did u get on with the condensation issue? I've had these for nearly 2 years without an issue, did notice a tiny patch of condensation recently but tonight almost the entire lens was covered

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Do check the covers, if you get excess condensation, it is highly likely either a cover is loose, or the rubber vent hoses had come loose or check the gasket for the HID wiring. Those are really the only way water can get in.

When it is not raining, drive around with a cover loose, heat from the engine will help dry it out. You can use some silica gel packs to help soak up any excess water.

The seal between the lens and headlight housings are very good, we had very very little issues with them. These are the best aftermarket headlights that we have sold.

mamber

Hi Guys,
I m using ed's replicas nearly 6 mounts without no issue and very happy with them.

My question is:

Is it possible to codding DLRs as parking light?

Thanks

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Nov 7th Update

Due to the popularity of this sale, we are extending it while supplies last on the headlights.

We are getting low on the R style headlights, but have plenty of the GTI still in stock.

We are out of tail lights right now, but hope to have some more in the next 2 weeks.

copperbricks

Ready to race!
Hi Ed, I'm considering ordering, and I have a few questions. Would you recommend the Hylux or the Morimoto ballasts? Do they both come with canbus error cancellers?

Also, I have the H7rc HID kit from Deautokey- I know their bulbs are configured for reflector, not projector headlights, so I couldn't use them with your headlights, but would it be possible to just buy new bulbs and reuse the ballasts?
Or would it be better to just start fresh.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Hi Ed, I'm considering ordering, and I have a few questions. Would you recommend the Hylux or the Morimoto ballasts? Do they both come with canbus error cancellers?

Also, I have the H7rc HID kit from Deautokey- I know their bulbs are configured for reflector, not projector headlights, so I couldn't use them with your headlights, but would it be possible to just buy new bulbs and reuse the ballasts?
Or would it be better to just start fresh.

You can certainly just get new bulbs, they will work fine with the Deautokey ballasts. If you just need the bulbs, let me know. You can fit D2H or H7 bulbs in there.

Both the Hylux and Morimoto ballasts come with canbus cancellers.

copperbricks

Ready to race!
Got mine installed today, very happy with the quality. Had a few issues with bulb ignition (morimoto ballast) but I think I got them sorted by changing the lighting type to xenon using vag-com as someone mentioned earlier in this thread.
Also didn't notice this extra rubber washers for the wire grommets till after assembly, and just sealed the caps using electrical tape.

Overall very happy with them, they're exceptionally bright over the stock ones. Little fiddly to make sure they're adjusted right though, I'm still a bit worried I'm blinding people.