GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Germany considers ban on IC engine by 2030

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
So where does Germany's electricity come from?
Unless Atomic will they have enough without burning fossil fuels for power.
Source or power is the issue.
Hydro, wind and solar will not provide enough.
They will then limit driving.

We know how arbitrary laws can be. German lawmakers can just ban IC engines in passenger cars, while still allowing them in certain commercial vehicles. They would likely have no problem with letting electricity plants use fossil fuels until a cleaner and safer source was available. Speaking of a cleaner, safer energy source, check this out: https://www.iter.org Also do a google search on the Iter reactor. Looks like fusion power is closer than some of us, including me, had thought. I ran across this only
a couple of weeks ago, and it freaking blew my mind! :eek:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
We know how arbitrary laws can be. German lawmakers can just ban IC engines in passenger cars, while still allowing them in certain commercial vehicles. They would likely have no problem with letting electricity plants use fossil fuels until a cleaner and safer source was available. Speaking of a cleaner, safer energy source, check this out: https://www.iter.org Also do a google search on the Iter reactor. Looks like fusion power is closer than some of us, including me, had thought. I ran across this only
a couple of weeks ago, and it freaking blew my mind! :eek:

I agree we will likely develop new and better energy.
The issue I have is why the Goverment feels they have to ban items now before the new technology is even developed.
When the USA decided to go to the moon they did not ban Orange Juice and make us all drink TANG. We still went to the moon.
They can help and give insentives to develop new sources.
Just do not force us, especially if it is not better.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Trouble is these electric car owners worry if they are going to get to their destination before the battery runs out. A 300mile range is less than 200 in the real world. They need to make some serious improvements on battery range before it becomes viable. Not to even mention the destructive method that is used to fabricate the batteries.

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
merkel gonna let all these rapists in and kill the combustion engine.

its like they feel guilty for everything that any german person ever did to anyone in their lives....

coming soon, germany gives away its country....oh wait, already did.............