GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI @ Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

sidepocket

Passed Driver's Ed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAd7FR1U1Rc

Took the GTI to a track day yesterday at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway near Palm Springs. Such a cool, fast track! And yes, my driving line is terrible, but it was my first time there, and it was a blast!

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAd7FR1U1Rc

Took the GTI to a track day yesterday at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway near Palm Springs. Such a cool, fast track! And yes, my driving line is terrible, but it was my first time there, and it was a blast!

Thank you for sharing; I enjoyed the video and it seems like a fun track.

I like the idea of placing a sound pickup on the rear bumper so it captures throttle inputs. I may have to try the Track Addict app. Personally, I've been using the RaceChrono app for my Daytona and Sebring runs but haven't bothered to overlay track data onto the videos. Something to think about for the 2017 track season.

How did your Michelin PSS's hold up? Did you take tread depth measurements before and after the event?

sidepocket

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for sharing; I enjoyed the video and it seems like a fun track.

I like the idea of placing a sound pickup on the rear bumper so it captures throttle inputs. I may have to try the Track Addict app. Personally, I've been using the RaceChrono app for my Daytona and Sebring runs but haven't bothered to overlay track data onto the videos. Something to think about for the 2017 track season.

How did your Michelin PSS's hold up? Did you take tread depth measurements before and after the event?

Hey, thanks for checking it out! I like RaceChrono, but the feature I like about Track Addict is that it will automatically start your GoPro.

As for my tires. No, I didn't take measurements before and after. I didn't do too much damage to them, but they're kind of nearing their end anyway. I'm guessing I will have to replace them in a few months.

AR11

Ready to race!
Nice footage. Might want to experiment with camera angles to get more steering wheel and hands in there and less helmet but still good.

sidepocket

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice footage. Might want to experiment with camera angles to get more steering wheel and hands in there and less helmet but still good.
Thanks, yeah, getting the right angles is tough. Especially considering I have a long microphone cable plugged into the in-car cam. I'll figure it out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk