GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Excellent time man! The first post has been updated. This should be stickied!

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
OP - here's another one, thanks!

13.156 / 107.96 / 2.180 / 715 Elev / MK7 GTI / IS20 / DSG / 93 / Stock A/S / APR S1 / gti330ex / Great Lakes

Mk 7, have such a good one) remember my last lap on Nurburgring it was something amazing! What is yours attitude to this car? Very interesting to hear what you are thinking about it! Thank you) Will be apprecite if you reply me back!

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Please add me to list.

12.078 / 114.03 / 1.891/ 30 elev / MK7 GTI / IS20 / DSG / 93 / Slicks / APR S2 / PacDawg / Sacramento

Wow that is just an awesome run man. Very impressive. That 60' is unreal. How much of a difference did the slicks make?

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Wow that is just an awesome run man. Very impressive. That 60' is unreal. How much of a difference did the slicks make?

Thanks. With drag radials my best time was 12.5 so the slicks helped alot. Zero wheel hop too.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks. With drag radials my best time was 12.5 so the slicks helped alot. Zero wheel hop too.

Curious how your trap changed? I lost about 1mph going to the QTP's but dropped almost a full second off my time.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Curious how your trap changed? I lost about 1mph going to the QTP's but dropped almost a full second off my time.

My traps were similar between the qtp and slicks. The more I dropped air pressure on the slicks my mph lessened without improvement on 60 bfoot or et. I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong because my 60s are 1.8-1.9 right now with slicks.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
My traps were similar between the qtp and slicks. The more I dropped air pressure on the slicks my mph lessened without improvement on 60 bfoot or et. I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong because my 60s are 1.8-1.9 right now with slicks.

OK yeah same here. I dropped too much and the 60 wasn't improving, but that is mainly a function of the clutch slipping for me :D I cut one 1.98 with the QTP's. Our spool time is a lot higher than many stock cars so ripping a good 60 really needs clutch slippage.
I think I can run like 15-17psi in the QTP's and be good. My last run was at like 12 psi which is reaaallly soft.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Nice 60. Best I was able to muster with the qtp was a 2.1. It seems like though that manuals are able to get better 60s than dsgs. I bought my qtps used so i might have the originals and wheel hop sucked. Launching with these slicks is night and day.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
where the hell is my 12.5@117.5 with my 2.3 60 foot on all seasons on 93? LMFAO

Post with slips and I will add it. All due respect but I don't have time to search all the threads for times. :D

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Hurray! Finally stickied!

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Post with slips and I will add it. All due respect but I don't have time to search all the threads for times. :D

IS20, weight reduction, FBO, 93 oct, all seasons, let off early, no fucks given 0-throttle-control lunch lmao

Put some respec on my open diff.
I ain gon say it no moe.

Last edited: