GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Built RS VS My IS38 Gti

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Did you brake boost?

First race no and I'm 99% sure my foot was off the gas pedal when I took off as I was going a little too fast so he had a good second of head start, second race I did and that's why the result was so much better haha.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
First race no and I'm 99% sure my foot was off the gas pedal when I took off as I was going a little too fast so he had a good second of head start, second race I did and that's why the result was so much better haha.

Makes sense I'm pretty sure he was brake boosting himself

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
This is a VERY good result. As the OP stated, this is with simple bolt-ons for the GTI whereas the RS has a fully built engine.

Compare apples to apples with a fully built R and a Stage 3+ and the RS would get walked on.

Smith VW just finished up two fully build Stage 3+ Golf Rs. It's crazy the HP they're getting out of these engines. 425whp on 93 octane and over 500whp on 104.

Venumous

Ready to race!
This is a VERY good result. As the OP stated, this is with simple bolt-ons for the GTI whereas the RS has a fully built engine.

Compare apples to apples with a fully built R and a Stage 3+ and the RS would get walked on.

Smith VW just finished up two fully build Stage 3+ Golf Rs. It's crazy the HP they're getting out of these engines. 425whp on 93 octane and over 500whp on 104.

Stage 3 is not exactly apples to apples. The RS was still on the stock turbo despite the engine build.