GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

nicholam77's PP GTI thread

yosoydan

Ready to race!

Those wheels look damn good. Nice job!

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
So I put my car in reverse the other day to back out of the garage and my infotainment screen did this instead of showing the rear view camera:

I put the car back in first. No change. Stuck on the glitched out screen.

Shut the car off, waited a second, turned it back on. Nothing. I could hear the radio, but the screen was completely black. :confused:

I panicked for a second :eek: and then tried holding the power button down for 10sec. Thankfully, it came back to life! I've already had the MIB 2 brains replaced twice under warranty. I love all of the infotainment features in this car, but glitches like this do make me worried that it will go belly up as soon as the warranty is up. And they are not cheap to replace!

Anyways, just thought it was odd / interesting.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Sweet ride!

sent using Pide Piper middle out compression app

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Gave it its 2nd oil change this weekend. Right @ 10k miles. First oil change was done at 5k.

Went with the LiquiMoly kit again. Don't have an extractor so I drained it on ramps + jack stands.

I know looks alone don't amount to everything but FWIW the oil looked pretty good. Also, over the last 5,000 miles, pretty much no oil was used. Checked it right before the change and dipstick read right at the max line.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Gave it its 2nd oil change this weekend. Right @ 10k miles. First oil change was done at 5k.

Went with the LiquiMoly kit again. Don't have an extractor so I drained it on ramps + jack stands.

I know looks alone don't amount to everything but FWIW the oil looked pretty good. Also, over the last 5,000 miles, pretty much no oil was used. Checked it right before the change and dipstick read right at the max line.

Nice! I have been back and forth I also have my 10k oil change coming up. Was thinking of sticking with the oem stuff but we will see need to buy it in the next few weeks.

Either way just stopping it as I love your build thread [emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Nice! I have been back and forth I also have my 10k oil change coming up. Was thinking of sticking with the oem stuff but we will see need to buy it in the next few weeks.

Either way just stopping it as I love your build thread [emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hey thanks!

I was thinking about sticking with the OEM stuff, too, but I did LiquiMoly the first time and decided to continue with it.