GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB4 R specific thread

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Here are some logs from my car:

JB4, Full intake, Turbo outlet pipe, 200 Cell Cat Downpipe, running E85 fuel mix with 93 Premium 50/50 mix.

did a pull in 3rd to fourth.

Map Settings:

Tweak the settings a few times as I was getting timing pulls.

That looks good with decent timing. If you want email log through to George@burgertuning.com in .csv format ie just forward the log not the picture.

gti5notrkt1

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed my upgrade from JB1 to JB4. On my JB1 I was running map1 with max boost of +5.0 on 93oct. Have the default map1 selected on the JB4 just like it is out of the box. Confused on the pros and cons of specifying incremental vs. absolute on map6 and what my starting point should be. How do I compare the two different methods people are posting?

My details....

Midwest location (OH/MI)
93oct
DP w/high flow 200 cel cat
Unitronic IC
Res delete
S3 panel filter

help.... :)

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Just installed my upgrade from JB1 to JB4. On my JB1 I was running map1 with max boost of +5.0 on 93oct. Have the default map1 selected on the JB4 just like it is out of the box. Confused on the pros and cons of specifying incremental vs. absolute on map6 and what my starting point should be. How do I compare the two different methods people are posting?

My details....

Midwest location (OH/MI)
93oct
DP w/high flow 200 cel cat
Unitronic IC
Res delete
S3 panel filter

help.... :)

Start with map 2 and grab some logs of those and shoot them over to me george@burgertuning.com

rr1santos

Ready to race!
George,

I just want to start by saying thank you so much for all your help via email dialing in settings for my jb4. I have never experienced power gains like this before in a car.

I was surfing around and saw a post in the GTI forum about an update coming at the end of the month. so figured I'd just add the discussion here as well.

What can we expect from this update? also, I've never had a piggy back or ecu tune on my previous vehicles, will you provide instructions on how to do updates for the jb4 unit?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
George,

I just want to start by saying thank you so much for all your help via email dialing in settings for my jb4. I have never experienced power gains like this before in a car.

I was surfing around and saw a post in the GTI forum about an update coming at the end of the month. so figured I'd just add the discussion here as well.

What can we expect from this update? also, I've never had a piggy back or ecu tune on my previous vehicles, will you provide instructions on how to do updates for the jb4 unit?

We will post link for updates on post 1 of this thread. The one now has got mostly to do with the fault reading and code clearing as well as the auto clear for downpipe related CEL.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
We will post link for updates on post 1 of this thread. The one now has got mostly to do with the fault reading and code clearing as well as the auto clear for downpipe related CEL.

perfect!!! I didn't mind disconnecting the jb4 to plug in my scanner to make sure it is only the cat cel code..but the past couple days I've been using the jb4 app to clear..it does take a couple tries but it clears.

LeoA86

Ready to race!
On the jb4 map 2 setting, how much of an upgrade is it over the jb1 map 1 set to 5.0psi? I have a intake, dp, turbo inlet pipe and res delete. Will I notice a difference? Been contemplating on the upgrade.

gti5notrkt1

Passed Driver's Ed
George,

Any update on the auto-CEL clear for the JB4? At one time this was mentioned as a TBD future enhancement.

Jon.

rscott4563

Ready to race!
Hey George,

With the imminent arrival of the JB4 firmware update for the fault code reading and auto clearing of the de-cat error can you give us an update on the 'auto-tune' functionality?

Do you have an expected ETA and have you started beta testing this function and if so do you have any info to share on how well it's working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
gti5notrkt,

Could you please log your car and post it to datazap? Almost no one has any logs of the unitronic IC, and we are desperate for a few! (just need IAT and RPM) in a 3rd gear pull (or 1-3rd is fine)

GarabinS1

Ready to race!
gti5notrkt,

Could you please log your car and post it to datazap? Almost no one has any logs of the unitronic IC, and we are desperate for a few! (just need IAT and RPM) in a 3rd gear pull (or 1-3rd is fine)

I have an unitronic IC, and IATs range from 5-15 degrees above ambient after a few back to back pulls.

Last edited:

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
datazap.me log please, so we can add it to the list. Need the logs, as pretty much all the intercoolers are 5-15 above ambient after a few pulls. DATA!!! NEED DATAAAAAA!

RedHotVAG

Ready to race!
Hi George,

I have the REV 1 JB1 that's the fatter as opposed to longer box. So I think I should be getting the JB4 upgrade for Rev 1 correct?

What about the Bluetooth Connect kit? Should I be getting option 1: Rev 1 or Option 2: Rev 2 or JB4?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Hi George,

I have the REV 1 JB1 that's the fatter as opposed to longer box. So I think I should be getting the JB4 upgrade for Rev 1 correct?

What about the Bluetooth Connect kit? Should I be getting option 1: Rev 1 or Option 2: Rev 2 or JB4?

Correct rev1 upgrade. For data cable VW with grey shell for Rev1.