GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTT: GTI seats for Golf TSI seats

Festivus1

Passed Driver's Ed
Check out this thread on the Honda Ridgeline forum --- somebody posted a picture of a new GTI for sale at a dealer in Virgina that has the driver seat swapped out for a regular Golf seat of some sort. It's not great looking with that contrasting color, but if you could get your dealer to arrange a swap for that car and just put a black seat cover on it you it would probably work out great for you.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...135617-current-honda-quality-issue-you-7.html

e3syler

Passed Driver's Ed
Oddly enough my 2016 autobahn seats felt like it had more room than the se model I test drove. The se seats were digging into my sides and the autobahn wasn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigJW

Passed Driver's Ed
Check out this thread on the Honda Ridgeline forum --- somebody posted a picture of a new GTI for sale at a dealer in Virgina that has the driver seat swapped out for a regular Golf seat of some sort. It's not great looking with that contrasting color, but if you could get your dealer to arrange a swap for that car and just put a black seat cover on it you it would probably work out great for you.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...135617-current-honda-quality-issue-you-7.html

that's a seat from the golf tsi sel...

same bolsters and stuff.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just curious. I have heard of wheels swapped between different trims as well as seats from dealer, especially if advantageous to dealer. Can you not make that part of the deal. Swap out your GTI seats for Wolfsburg seats (not sure if they're heated though.

Festivus1

Passed Driver's Ed
MonkeyMD wrote:
Just curious. I have heard of wheels swapped between different trims as well as seats from dealer, especially if advantageous to dealer. Can you not make that part of the deal. Swap out your GTI seats for Wolfsburg seats (not sure if they're heated though.

It might be an option in some places, but the dealerships here in North Texas weren't able to help me do that. I wanted a more comfortable seat without the high bolsters on the seat cushion because I like to sprawl my legs out, probably the result of many years of riding horses and motorcycles and driving trucks with expansive seats - I am kind of bow-legged. The only way I can get comfortable in my GTI is to position my left foot close to the seat so that my left knee is up to clear the boster, but that still leaves the bolster "point" grazing the back of my left thigh. :mad:

I tried industriously to get the dealers to swap seats for me, no dice. In fact it was claimed that I could not even buy a separate TSI type seat through the dealership and have it installedr. Had a couple of service guys tell me that such seat swaps HAD been done by other dealers but I couldn't find anyone to do it. They mentioned that if you did swap them you had to have the car "coded" :confused: to recognize the change.

I even had one salesman take the car to an upholstery shop to see if they could modify the seat to remove the bolsters, they told me it would require significant butchery because of the way the seat frame / bars under the cushion were arranged. They quoted a price of $1200 with no guarantee on looks or comfort, completely experimental so I finally gave up and just got the car as is. The bolster is also one of the main reasons I went with the DSG instead of the manual I originally planned to buy, figured it digging into my thigh would be a constant pain in the ass (so to speak) when clutching but with the DSG I can keep my foot propped up most of the time.

I waffled on buying the car for a long time because of the seats (literally months) but I am glad I took the plunge, I have adapted to the seats and it is much more comfortable now than when it was fresh off the lot. Just wish I didn't have to pull over and get out of the car when an "adjustment" is required.

I am very pleased with the car as is, but if I could have gotten it configured the way I really wanted (plaid cloth seats with no bolsters, manual transmission, Fender stereo, no sunroof) I would be in total love I think...

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I would do this in a heartbeat if we lived closer. I'd even do the swap out for you. Are you planning on a road trip to NYC? Lol

Trollin86

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Alltrack SE DSG
Ugh, I wish I could make this happen for you, but I have black cloth with no heated seats. If you are interested, I'd certainly be willing to add cash on my end & make the drive down to SF over a long weekend

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I'm local to the bay area and have the cloth seats, but unfortunately no heating. They're basically like new (non smoker and I've never had a single bite to eat in the car), but i understand if the lack of heating is a deal beaker. Still, I'd be willing to toss in some cash for the trade if you decide you are up for it.