GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking about getting an intake...Luft-Technik?

badger91

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone. I've now had my car for a year and it's time to start modding. I do not want to mess with tuning it at this point and I'm waiting for Uni to release a cat-back so that leaves an intake for now. Historically I've driven VW GLIs and always had the APR Carbonio. I loved the sounds it made, but fitment was always an issue when mating it up to the radiator support. I've heard of issues with the MQB version too. That leaves the AWE S-Flo or VWR if I want closed or for open CTS or Luft-Technik. Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Personally, I think intakes and exhausts are a waste of money. All they do is make more noise. Can you buy a JB4 there?

badger91

Passed Driver's Ed
Personally, I think intakes and exhausts are a waste of money. All they do is make more noise. Can you buy a JB4 there?

My main concern with getting JB4 is what if I mess something up. Won't VW know by the higher boost, etc?

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
My understanding is that the JB4 changes the information that reaches the ECU so the car can perform better without freaking out. Someone who knows what they're talking about without over simplifying should pipe in here.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

rscott4563

Ready to race!
My main concern with getting JB4 is what if I mess something up. Won't VW know by the higher boost, etc?

No, the ECU sees the standard OEM boost as the JB4 works by intercepting and altering the sensors signal between the ECU and the actually sensors unlike a tune which modifies the ECU map itself.

rscott4563

Ready to race!
Intake and a cat-back exhaust are both about as useful as a chocolate fireguard in terms of improving performance on a stock car (most would say even on a tuned car).