GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket spring install in bay area

Doman

Thinking about getting the vwr spring for my gti. What shop in the Bay Area you guys recommend, east bay prefer, to get it install.

Bigeyedfi5h

did you end up finding anyone? I'm in the east bay too, will be looking for installation options soon. Let me know if you found a good shop. Thanks!

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
You guys should join up on Norcal VW Drivers club on Facebook. A couple members on there do installs and some are even VAG techs that work at dealerships.

q2quest

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 Golf 2.5 manual
I have VWR springs and the look is fantastic. The only problem for me is I'm extremely picky and I have a long commute over some rough roads. I'm looking to put my stock springs back in. The VWRs are just a little too firm for my taste and it's a little bouncy. In retrospect, I wish I had gone with ED springs.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I have VWR springs and the look is fantastic. The only problem for me is I'm extremely picky and I have a long commute over some rough roads. I'm looking to put my stock springs back in. The VWRs are just a little too firm for my taste and it's a little bouncy. In retrospect, I wish I had gone with ED springs.

Hmmm.... thanks for the feedback. I was so set on getting VWRs based on countless opinion that they feel close to stock. Not sure what to believe anymore.

I might just go with a modest drop with DG springs.

So where did you get your springs installed? Or did you do it yourself?

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm.... thanks for the feedback. I was so set on getting VWRs based on countless opinion that they feel close to stock. Not sure what to believe anymore.

VWR's are not linear from what I heard.

ED are, which is why they feel close to stock. I have ED's waiting to go on actually. If I get them on before you make up your mind, you can come for a ride to see if you like it or not.

q2quest

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 Golf 2.5 manual

I had the springs installed at Sonoma Autowerks in Petaluma. I can tell you that it handles WAY better with the new springs and feels fine on smooth pavement, but over any rough roads you will absolutely be reminded that you have stiffer springs. I've lowered several Audi A6s with Eibach pro-kit springs and thought the ride was great, however those were heavier cars with more sidewall. If you are somewhat tolerant of a stiffer ride I would suggest the ED springs. The VWRs lowered my car more than I wanted. I feel like a foolish teenager.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
VWR's are not linear from what I heard.

ED are, which is why they feel close to stock. I have ED's waiting to go on actually. If I get them on before you make up your mind, you can come for a ride to see if you like it or not.

Thanks for the offer! I think I will take you up on that.

What would be great is if could actually get this Bay Area meetup going. I think there's a wealth of knowledge that could be shared in person.