GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recording lap data

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
Ok, I'm a newb when it comes to this stuff and tech in general. I see you guys are overlaying data such as speed, rpm, lap times and even showing the track map on your videos. Can someone please tell me what I need to do this? I have a GoPro and Iphone 7. I need to know everything I need to make this happen. Any help would be great. Thank you!

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I'm in a similar boat to you but a bit further along. From what I've seen it's mostly phone apps you need to pay more than I'm willing for.

sidepocket

Passed Driver's Ed
Most people I've seen at the track go with Harry's Lap Timer. Seems like a good, all-in-one package where you never have to leave your phone.

If you want RPM and throttle info, however, you're going to need an OBD2 Bluetooth or WiFi adapter along with the app. They're all on Amazon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Is there any way to get obdeleven to work with one of those apps?

sidepocket

Passed Driver's Ed
OK so I see Harrys is recommended along with track addict, any major reason for one or the other?

I think Harry's has the most features out of any of the apps. The guy who makes it is constantly updating and adding features.

I personally use TrackAddict, but I just use it as a simple data recorder, then I edit video using RaceRender on my PC, which allows more customization. If I was purely working within the phone app, I would use Harry's.

makopolo

Passed Driver's Ed
Can any of them take input from an external GPS?

I just used RaceChrono this weekend and the GPS data from he phone is essentially useless.