GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Before you post a new topic on whether you should replace shocks when lowering car,

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
I was driving the work van a few weeks ago and there was an explorer with bad shocks in front of me. He slammed on the brakes and I swear the rear wheels went 3 feet in the air before crashing down, he was also bouncing all over the road.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
When I was a production management intern I had an a-hole industrial engineering instructor ask what the purpose of shock absorbers were. I told him it was to control the oscillation of the springs. He disagreed, saying they were there to absorb bumps in the road. I asked him which automotive engineering school he attended. He said he had a BMW and knew what he was right. I ripped him a new a-hole in front of the class. Wish they had Youtube then. Or Internet. Or computers. :)

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
When I was a production management intern I had an a-hole industrial engineering instructor ask what the purpose of shock absorbers were. I told him it was to control the oscillation of the springs. He disagreed, saying they were there to absorb bumps in the road. I asked him which automotive engineering school he attended. He said he had a BMW and knew what he was right. I ripped him a new a-hole in front of the class. Wish they had Youtube then. Or Internet. Or computers. :)
Back when computers were powered by vacuum tubes?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk