GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD mk7 exhaust upgrade

JJH77

i have a 2016 GTD DSG
i don't have the sound actuator fitted but i was wondering if there is anyway i can upgrade my exhaust to make it sound a bit more meaty and sporty?

also could anyone recommend a good remap?

thanks!

richiekuk

Ready to race!
I'd be wary mapping a DSG car. The increased torque can cause clutch judder, as its too much for the antiquated DSG boxes we have.
I went through various iterations of torque levels on my remap, and decided it just wasn't worth it in the end.

Others may say they've had no issues, bit its just not worth it in my opinion.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Looking to get a bit of a change on the rear, and think I've decided to be a bit controversial and not go the GTI way like a lot seem to go, and stick with one sided.

Trouble is I love the system Milltek do for the MK7 GTD, but I can't find it anywhere as just a rear axle back system (only a cat back system), and obviously there's a lot of it I wouldn't use as I want to retain the speaker of the S&S package.

I believe these are the parts I only require:

MSVW414 (Rear Silencer Outlet Pipe Assembly)
MSVW370 x2 (Polished Trim Assembly Twin 80mm GT80

Anyone any idea when I can purchase just these parts in the U.K. ? I tried Milltek direct and they would only sell the complete cat back system.

s7wag

Ready to race!
AMD Essex are Milltek dealers and can source these without having to buy the whole system from Milltek. Talk to Ben there and he may also be able to do something for the connector you need welded to middle section...Steve

mondo

Ready to race!
I'd be wary mapping a DSG car. The increased torque can cause clutch judder, as its too much for the antiquated DSG boxes we have.
I went through various iterations of torque levels on my remap, and decided it just wasn't worth it in the end.

Others may say they've had no issues, bit its just not worth it in my opinion.

I am a no issue person.. in fact, the modern DSG boxes can handle up to 800NM of torque according to some sources...
Perhaps you need to be throttle friendly.. I've seen a 400BHP, 550NM 2016 R running DSG without any judders or slips...