GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Latest VW Beetle compared to Mk7 GTI - questions

Bullet Bob

Passed Driver's Ed
"As they say, some cars end up being labeled "Chic" cars.
Ford Probe.
Nissan 240.
Beetle. New."

I'm also glad to learn from this thread that 65 is middle-aged, although I might have to go back to work if I'm going to live to be 130. :cool:

There's a lady I've seen a few times around here driving one. She's about 50, has a ponytail, and looks happy driving around with the top down.

If your mother-in-law likes it, I say go for it, everybody should own a convertible at least once. As Peter Egan once wrote, when you own a car without a roof, you've taken a big step away from ordinary (had to paraphrase, don't remember the exact quote).

Wedge_Antilles

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm glad 65 is middle aged, I'm almost 40 and still feel and act like a kid :p

Really my only concern was how far removed from the mk7 GTI we were talking so I had at least some way to frame the conversation with my MIL who does not speak car.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
"As they say, some cars end up being labeled "Chic" cars.
Ford Probe.
Nissan 240.
Beetle. New."

I'm also glad to learn from this thread that 65 is middle-aged, although I might have to go back to work if I'm going to live to be 130. :cool:

There's a lady I've seen a few times around here driving one. She's about 50, has a ponytail, and looks happy driving around with the top down.

If your mother-in-law likes it, I say go for it, everybody should own a convertible at least once. As Peter Egan once wrote, when you own a car without a roof, you've taken a big step away from ordinary (had to paraphrase, don't remember the exact quote).

Sorry you don't like me.
But I did not invent the term nor did I label the cars such. Over the years they get labeled such.
GTI's and R's are rare Chic cars.
Yes many Ladies drive them and that is great. But, I think a larger percentage are Men. Sorry, just facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Here is the Beetle for Mom!

But, maybe it is a guys car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro