GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

McAutobahn

2017 GTI Autobahn DSG in White.
As usual including DCC, Lighting pkg, Roadside kit, Monster Mats.
Bay area CA dealer!

MSRP $36,415
Sale price $31,299 before tax and title.
No loyalty, rebates, coupons etc. No finance requirement.
Internet rep deal.

avg_joe

'17 Pure White GTI Sport DSG

Got my deal thru TrueCar, MSRP $30,235

Includes Monster Mats and Roadside Kit

Sale price $24,214 (No rebates) - TTL, GAP and dealer fees $26,600 out the door....well, it'll be out the door when it gets here. Says in transit to dealer...so I'll be happy when I finally get to drive it home.

Last edited:

Spooled1

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my deal thru TrueCar, MSRP $30,235

Includes Monster Mats and Roadside Kit

Sale price $24,214 (No rebates) - TTL, GAP and dealer fees $26,600 out the door....well, it'll be out the door when it gets here. Says in transit to dealer...so I'll be happy when I finally get to drive it home.

Great job!

Kart17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Great deals everyone. Thanks for sharing this. It's very helpful for lurkers or those still shopping.

Exactly how I got my deal which I'm happy with.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Excellent work fellow enthusiasts! I figured, also, if i had waited towards the end of the month i would have gotten a better deal but i was way too excited to pick up my GTi.

To clarify, my deal also included no incentives, you can bring your own financing if you prefer but i got 1.9% for 72 months through capital one auto finance through the dealer credit app which was better than all inquiries I made privately and all other credit union offers.

I will honestly say that i enjoy this car more than my full bolt on B8 S4 and my wife's 2016 S3 which is loaded with a 53k msrp tag. Excellent mpg, cheap insurance, superbly comfortable for my 80 mile daily round trip to work and back. Mexico has seriously stepped up in their build quality and quality control versus my precious 2013 autobahn GLi. It feels more solid than my German built S4.

For the enthusiasts that debate Golf R vs GTi and for someone who has driven the Golf R, S3, S6 and GTi, the GTi is a winner when it comes to absolute value and best bang for your buck!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Excellent work fellow enthusiasts! I figured, also, if i had waited towards the end of the month i would have gotten a better deal but i was way too excited to pick up my GTi.

To clarify, my deal also included no incentives, you can bring your own financing if you prefer but i got 1.9% for 72 months through capital one auto finance through the dealer credit app which was better than all inquiries I made privately and all other credit union offers.

I will honestly say that i enjoy this car more than my full bolt on B8 S4 and my wife's 2016 S3 which is loaded with a 53k msrp tag. Excellent mpg, cheap insurance, superbly comfortable for my 80 mile daily round trip to work and back. Mexico has seriously stepped up in their build quality and quality control versus my precious 2013 autobahn GLi. It feels more solid than my German built S4.

For the enthusiasts that debate Golf R vs GTi and for someone who has driven the Golf R, S3, S6 and GTi, the GTi is a winner when it comes to absolute value and best bang for your buck!

Versus my *previous* 2013

Apologies for the typo

glayfan40

Passed Driver's Ed
Have not pulled the trigger yet but here is the offer I got this morning (1/1/2017) on a 2017 Sport DSG -

MSRP $30,235 (incl. monster mats and roadside kit)
Discount $5,250
Loyalty $1,000
Final Price $23,985 + TTL (~$2,150)

JacobAllison

Ready to race!
Note the best deal in the world, but considering I'll have a car the same day I get back from deployment delivered to my house:

2017 GTI Sport in GSG
MSRP: 29,310 with destination/deliver
$27,995 book.

Military Autosource Price: 27,155
Destination charge: 820
Point Delivery Charge: 495
MAS Discount: $1,500

Not including TTL: 26,970
TTL might be a bit weird because I'm purchasing in California but registering in Colorado. (my home of record.) Estimated TTL from MAS is: $2,691

runnerdm6

Note the best deal in the world, but considering I'll have a car the same day I get back from deployment delivered to my house:

2017 GTI Sport in GSG
MSRP: 29,310 with destination/deliver
$27,995 book.

Military Autosource Price: 27,155
Destination charge: 820
Point Delivery Charge: 495
MAS Discount: $1,500

Not including TTL: 26,970
TTL might be a bit weird because I'm purchasing in California but registering in Colorado. (my home of record.) Estimated TTL from MAS is: $2,691

I'm in the process of getting a GTI through MAS as well. They are really good at price matching if you haven't looked into that yet. You don't necessarily need an official quote; just an email listing the price, doc fees, freight, etc. I ended up saving ~$6k off msrp. (I'll post all of the details once I take delivery) and you can get matching up to two weeks after delivery. If you have the time and patience to deal with the salespeople, it could be worth your effort.

Mk7NMpdx

Ready to race!
Hi all,

Been awhile since I've had since I had a vw. Picked up a 17 GTI SE in csg on the 30th. Ended up with 6k under msrp. Right around 27k. Felt good about the deal and extremely happy to be back in a vw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yoonyque

My deal and how DC area post/play with numbers.

So, I am returning to GTI once again and much excited about recent sales. As you all know, DC region advertise their price rather too rigorously and as one member stated, they do include all possible discounts that you may not even qualify. But what really got on my nerve is how some dealership around DC play with numbers and lure/mislead customers in illusion, for example, Sheehy(Springfield, VA) and Stohlman(Tysons Corner, VA). So, here is what happened with those unbelievable $7k $8k off MSRP discounts (which may include Royal customer/military/graduates/etc)

Original Price $27,835 ( GTI S + $320 for (Monster Mat & FirstAid Kid (these two are almost sold/included in as default) + $820 for Destination Charge)

For example, Stohlman VW said they would give me $7250 off MSRP as "discount", so i.e.

$27,835 - $7250(discount) + $65(tag/registration) +$600(doc fee) + $900(tax) = $22,150. But everybody freaked out and became argumentative because they said I have to pay for destination, i.e.

$27,835 - $7250(discount) + $65(tag/registration) +$600(doc fee) + $900(tax) +$820(Destination charge) = $22,970

So I of course objected why they are charging me for Destination Charge twice since 27835 included it already.
And of course sales without ability to explain or choose not to explain , or even refuse to go line by line with a calculator, it became disputes and one of extremely rude manager literally throw the phone away and walked off.

I ended up talking to General Manager directly and he said, they took out destination charge and put it in the discount! So technically, they are not giving the customer $7250 discount; so it was $6430.

In numbers,

$27,835 - $7250( $820 for destination + $6430 for the actual discount) + 65 + 600 + 900 + 820 = 22970.

So I asked him why you do that, or doesn't he stretch too much or use way too loose term of "discount". and how does it become "discount" if I am paying back anyway. There he admitted that they just want their customers feel like they are getting superb deal and virtually almost nobody asks about destination charge. And when I told him that I can't thank you for giving me 7250 and paying you back 820, because Stohlman VW being sly and misleading, and because I am not a rebate program. then he awfully sounded like there is nothing wrong how they lure or mislead the customers.

So anyhow, $6430 may still a good discount considering most of posts here says less, but it's just the sly play DC area dealerships play I couldn't be down for business.

So for the heck of it, I went to Beyer VW up in winchester, VA, and dealt with Kelly. She was knowledgeable and we had a great talk even about upgrading chips and horsepowers, etc.. I was impressed. Maybe because winchester is about 70 miles away from "city", people were rather straightforward.

After I talked about my experience and numbers, this is what they gave me.

27835 -6200(discount) +65(tag)+600(doc)+900(tax) = $23,200.

There is yes, $230 difference; but i am thinking of going to Kelly at Beyer VW than Stohlman or Sheehy.

avg_joe

I totally understand your frustration, which is why sometimes even if it isn't the best deal, it's better to go with a dealership that you feel comfortable talking to. By the way, if you go through TrueCar, the price quoted from them does include Freight...something you might not know, but sometimes a non-TrueCar dealer can say they match TrueCar (but dont let you know that they will add that Freight).