GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cheap Labor: Pittsburgh Area

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Hey fellas. I'm new on the MK7 forum, but am very active over on the MK6 forum. I figured I would post this in here as well.

I've been working on cars my entire life, I worked at my parents garage all through High School/College. I'm a Mechanical Engineer by day, and am usually caught up in some sort of car/bike modifying in my free time. I've done installs on anything and everything you can imagine, and have helped out more MK6 members than I can count installing parts for a fraction of the cost that you would pay at a specialty shop or dealer.

You can find my great feedback over on my golfmk6 thread here:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74983

This is a ballpark estimate guide from my thread over on golfmk6. Granted some of these may not directly translate to things you can do on the new MK7 GTI, I can assure you I am more than capable of installing any parts you need fitted. I also own a mig welder for custom projects, along with most specialty VW tools needed for some repairs.

So these are ballpark estimates, but:

Carbon Cleaning: $300 + 4 injector kits + Cleaner

Upgraded Turbo Install: $325

Coilover/Spring install: $225 (If doing coilovers, I would suggest also replacing the strut mounts)

DSG Flush: $150 + Materials (fluid/filter/o-ring/gasket)

Subwoofer Install (Amp Power/Ground/Signal, Tapping into speakers for line level inputs): $200 + Wiring Kit + Line Level Converter (if your amp doesn't have them) + Amp/Sub/Box. All ran neatly through OEM Wiring trays.

Door Speaker Install: $100 If going with components, it will be an extra $30 to mount them into the OEM tweeter locations.

Downpipe Install: $150
*If you are buying a raceland/godspeed/ebay downpipe, buy a REAL V-Band clamp, the ones they come with are junk and break almost immediately.
**If you need an extra O2 bung installed for whatever reason, I can do this for an extra 30 bucks + the bung will be provided by you

Catback Install: $150

Diverter Valve/DV+ Install: $40

Short Shifter Install:
$30 for just the weight and cable adjustments
$60 for Diesel Geek OR Weight plus side to side shortening, plus readjusting cables.

Boost Gauge Install: $100 + Wire Taps

WALK Install: $100 for Whiteline Kit, $125 for Superpro

Rear Swaybar Install: $75

Intercooler Install: $175

Turbo Outlet Pipe Install: $50

Throttle Body Pipe Install: $50

BOTH ABOVE for $75

Intake Install: $50 (I'm assuming most people can do this themselves, but I'll just throw it out there anyway)

Subframe Mount Install: $50 for HPA or insert. I really want to stay away from the VWR or 034 ones at this point as it involves dropping the subframe, and I just don't have the extra hands or space (no lift) to do it.

Engine + Passenger Side Mount Install: $125

Brake Pads: $125*

Brake Pads + Rotors: $175*

Brake Lines + Pads: $160 + Fluid*

*ALL BRAKE JOBS WILL REQUIRE YOU TO BED THE PADS/ROTORS YOURSELF. I'M NOT GOING TO GO BEAT ON SOMEONE ELSES CAR TO COMPLETE THIS!

I also do detailing. AKA: Wash/wax/clay. These prices depend on what is being done. For a generic wash and wax using duragloss 2 part sealant it is $100.

Any questions/concerns feel free to contact me through PM pr text. Also, be sure to read through my other thread for peace of mind on the quality work I do.

Also, you can take a look through my build thread here and see the work I have done on my personal car. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54182

My name is Nick, I'm located in Shadyside and that's where all of my work is done. If you have a question, my number is 570-778-1464. Once again, feel free to call/text me.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Still available fellas! Starting to ramp work back up for spring, and would love to build some modding relationships with you MK7 guys!

Norsk982

Ready to race!
I will vouch for Nick, and he's a good guy who will help you with anything. He helped removing the delay value on the clutch block bleeder. It was done in less than 30 minutes.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys! Haven't been keeping super up to date with this, but thought I'd share two mk7's I've worked on recently.

First off, installed a Southbend Stage 2 Daily clutch with lightweight flywheel in this Eurodyne Stage 2 MK7.

And a Remus exhaust on another. This catback had perfect fitment and everything was of GREAT quality!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
What Ramp are you using?

I believe they are just regular Rhino Ramps. Can't remember as I've had them for years. Really the only time I use them is for catback installs, as I use jackstands for everything else. Most cars I work on don't come close to being able to drive up forward on them either.

AlexLynch

Passed Driver's Ed
First off, installed a Southbend Stage 2 Daily clutch with lightweight flywheel in this Eurodyne Stage 2 MK7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly recommend Nick for work you don't trust yourself to do. Unlike any dealership and most shops, you can actually trust him. He was more than happy to let me watch and explain exactly what he was doing. He will definitely take care of your car.

Last edited:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
What's the clutch install price for a SB kit?