GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Marketplace > Vendors Classifieds > Exterior Parts


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2017, 03:41 PM   #137
ATR
Senior Member
 
Drives: Pure White 2017 GTI Sport 6mt
Location: Baltimore
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branman View Post
Is the rear fog on these tail lights LED as well?
Mine came with them.

I just need to get a bit of wiring & euro switch to take advantage of them.
ATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:40 PM   #138
edward@becautoparts.com
Senior Member
 
Drives: VW Jetta, Volvo V70
Location: Vancouver, BC
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 476
Jan 30th Update

The last shipment of tail lights is almost sold out.

We only have 3 sets of the GTI Cherry Red LED Tails still in stock. These may have minor scratches or blemishes from shipping, and one set is slightly used. They have no cracks or other damages, and fully working.

They are on sale at $529 per set with adapters shipped. Get them while you can, they should sell out very quickly.

www.becautoparts.com

I will be getting some OEM VW China GTI Tail lights in mid Feb. I don't have an ETA right now about getting any OEM VW Europe tails yet. If I do, it will probably wont be a lot.

I do have lots of adapters, and dynamic tail light harnesses if you needed those as well.
edward@becautoparts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:15 PM   #139
Hammersticks
Senior Member
 
Hammersticks's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 GTI PP MT
Location: Bay Area, CA
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 647
Pm sent


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Less is more...
Hammersticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:28 PM   #140
16Autobahn
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 GTI Autobahn
Location: Tacoma WA
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 172
Quick question,
I ordered the cherry tails. I want rear fog to function.
Do I need to buy a euro light switch for the dash?
Thanks
16Autobahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:13 PM   #141
ATR
Senior Member
 
Drives: Pure White 2017 GTI Sport 6mt
Location: Baltimore
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Autobahn View Post
Quick question,
I ordered the cherry tails. I want rear fog to function.
Do I need to buy a euro light switch for the dash?
Thanks
Yes. That should work
ATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:43 PM   #142
16Autobahn
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 GTI Autobahn
Location: Tacoma WA
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 172
Great! Thanks
16Autobahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:11 PM   #143
tonipepperoni77
Senior Member
 
tonipepperoni77's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Golf R , '12 z4
Location: Mass
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,255
so if we order these here http://www.becautoparts.com/collecti...ed-tail-lights these come with the adapter and all we need to do is the coding? or do we need to purchase the 115 dollar adpater kit you sell? also do you have the LED reverse lights back in stock for these
tonipepperoni77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:50 PM   #144
edward@becautoparts.com
Senior Member
 
Drives: VW Jetta, Volvo V70
Location: Vancouver, BC
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonipepperoni77 View Post
so if we order these here http://www.becautoparts.com/collecti...ed-tail-lights these come with the adapter and all we need to do is the coding? or do we need to purchase the 115 dollar adpater kit you sell? also do you have the LED reverse lights back in stock for these
They come with the adapters, so you don't need to spend the $115 on them.

You should get LED reverse bulbs, either from us, or a different vendor.
edward@becautoparts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:01 PM   #145
BxGTI
Senior Member
 
BxGTI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 VW MK7 GTI, 2017 Audi A4 PP S Line2.0T
Location: Bronx,NY
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,827
I installed mine and everything works but my inner lights are as bright as the Fog light when is on LOL. in short my inners seems as if they were on full brightness all the time.
does anyone knows the channels and how to fix this? thanks in advance
__________________
2015 Tornado Red GTI MK7
BxGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:33 PM   #146
ATR
Senior Member
 
Drives: Pure White 2017 GTI Sport 6mt
Location: Baltimore
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxGTI View Post
I installed mine and everything works but my inner lights are as bright as the Fog light when is on LOL. in short my inners seems as if they were on full brightness all the time.
does anyone knows the channels and how to fix this? thanks in advance
Double check everything. Starting with the wiring.

Though it's most likely to be a adaptation that was set incorrectly.
ATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:48 PM   #147
BxGTI
Senior Member
 
BxGTI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 VW MK7 GTI, 2017 Audi A4 PP S Line2.0T
Location: Bronx,NY
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
Double check everything. Starting with the wiring.



Though it's most likely to be a adaptation that was set incorrectly.


Yeah Thanks, I'll be going over it later tonight, I was able to revert my previous ( before install) set of coding so that I would not mess up the new lights, I'm thinking that I missed something there we will see :-)
One thing to note is that I received a harness with red, blue and one black wire instead of other colors on the BEC PDF that black wire was not detailed on the PDF so I bridged that to the other inner plug and fogs work but the wire itself is too short to route around the hatch, should I just tuck it along where the latch/ rear wiper is, sorry if is not clear but there was no mention of this on the PDF from Ed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 Tornado Red GTI MK7
BxGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:09 PM   #148
ATR
Senior Member
 
Drives: Pure White 2017 GTI Sport 6mt
Location: Baltimore
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxGTI View Post
Yeah Thanks, I'll be going over it later tonight, I was able to revert my previous ( before install) set of coding so that I would not mess up the new lights, I'm thinking that I missed something there we will see :-)
One thing to note is that I received a harness with red, blue and one black wire instead of other colors on the BEC PDF that black wire was not detailed on the PDF so I bridged that to the other inner plug and fogs work but the wire itself is too short to route around the hatch, should I just tuck it along where the latch/ rear wiper is, sorry if is not clear but there was no mention of this on the PDF from Ed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's similar to what I did with the power wire for the reverse lights. It's like that to allow the driver's side inner light to provide power to the foglight.

My wiring harness was also had different color wires than the instructions indicated. So a very helpful tip I can give is to look very closely at the pictures of the connectors in the instructions. That made it easy to figure out.

Also the installation instructions are dense. In other words, they have a lot of information tightly packed. Every word is important to the successful installation of the lights.
ATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:38 PM   #149
BxGTI
Senior Member
 
BxGTI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 VW MK7 GTI, 2017 Audi A4 PP S Line2.0T
Location: Bronx,NY
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
That's similar to what I did with the power wire for the reverse lights. It's like that to allow the driver's side inner light to provide power to the foglight.



My wiring harness was also had different color wires than the instructions indicated. So a very helpful tip I can give is to look very closely at the pictures of the connectors in the instructions. That made it easy to figure out.



Also the installation instructions are dense. In other words, they have a lot of information tightly packed. Every word is important to the successful installation of the lights.


Yeah, thanks for the help, I looked very closely and I think that everything is they way it should be, thanks I'll report back once I'm done


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 Tornado Red GTI MK7
BxGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:17 AM   #150
BxGTI
Senior Member
 
BxGTI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 VW MK7 GTI, 2017 Audi A4 PP S Line2.0T
Location: Bronx,NY
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,827
All working now, channels sinc I have an early build car the channel was 26 instead of 27, that fixed it.

Thanks ATR for the help


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 Tornado Red GTI MK7
BxGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:22 PM   #151
edward@becautoparts.com
Senior Member
 
Drives: VW Jetta, Volvo V70
Location: Vancouver, BC
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 476
March 20th Update

We just received a new shipment of the Mk7 Golf R Tinted tail lights, and are ready to ship them out.

They are brand new, with recent manufacture dates of Jan 2017, they even come in VW boxes.

We had to use a different supplier so prices reflect that.

$699 per set shipped
$775 per set with the wire harness adapters for the Amber turn signals

Add $30 for LED Reverse bulbs.

To order, please see our store at: www.becautoparts.com
edward@becautoparts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #152
AtlantaDad
Senior Member
 
Drives: Night Blue 2016 GTI Autobahn DSG PP LP
Location: Atlanta, GA
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,846
Ed,
Any plans to source the facelift mk7.5 tails, and what kind of adapters they'll need?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________
2016 GTI NB PP LP | Cobb AP w/ MAPerformance Stage 2 | MAPerformance Catted/Resonated DP | AFE drop-in w/ snow guard delete | 034 Dogbone Insert

Thou shalt read this first: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18297
AtlantaDad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #153
cb6
Member
 
Drives: golf
Location: canada
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaDad View Post
Ed,
Any plans to source the facelift mk7.5 tails, and what kind of adapters they'll need?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
X2
cb6 is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.