GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Infotainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics)

Old 03-14-2017, 10:55 PM   #86
dchuee

Drives: 17 Alltrack SEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedoggiant View Post
Took it in software update 0753. Everything works, will update if that changes
just software, no new hardware...the R owner I met a few weeks ago told me they were told to try software updates first on Rs...
dchuee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:29 AM   #87
mondo

Drives: Golf 7 GTD
My 2016 GTD has constant navigation issues.. (no, it's new so it hasn't been to the dealer for its first service yet)
These range from:

Infotainment nav screen panning all over the place with constant beeps coming from the infotainment unit, as if someone was selecting options on the screen

On my way to Amsterdam 2 weeks ago the nav just decided to freak out in a new way. This time I had missed a turning and was trying to head back to the freeway. The nav screen showed I was a few clicks from the freeway, but the centre display (between speedo/rev counter) showed the angled arrow as if I was "off the road"
When I pressed the button, the reply I got was "please follow the road" even though it was the wrong road.
As I know the area, I played a "game" and went right off the known route, but the nav didn't pick up on that and whenever I pressed the button, it just said "please follow the road"

The quick fix is to switch infotainment system off, switch ignition off and lock the car for about two minutes.. then it works again..

This seems to be a common issue with VW navs, as good as they are, they have bugs.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:21 AM   #88
dchuee

MIB2 still up and running....
Old 03-17-2017, 08:09 AM   #89
bluedoggiant

Drives: '17 Night Blue Autobahn
Same, except mine today did something funny 2-3 starts in a row where the screen was black, no back up camera. Reset unit and was fine. Started the car last time of the day and everything started fine.
bluedoggiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:10 PM   #90
bluedoggiant

Drives: '17 Night Blue Autobahn
Whoops. Mine did it again this morning. Started car and nav screen just blank. No reverse, have to reset it. So weird..
bluedoggiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:01 AM   #91
drt

Drives: MK7 GTI
I have a 2017 GTI PP model and i am now on my third radio unit. They tried to update the first and second unit but they would not take the new firmware update. Im right at 5k miles. Hopefully I dont have to have a fourth unit installed!
drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:12 PM   #92
mhale0

Drives: Mk VII Golf GTI
I got the software update this past Saturday. I can report that it SEEMS to have stopped the spontaneous infotainment reboots. Only caveat is that I drove the car for 3–4 weeks after purchase before the roboots started, so it's possible they'll come back. I'll post back here if they do.
mhale0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:36 AM   #93
dchuee

I had a glitch yesterday after a new phone was paired to the MIB2...ZTE Axon 7 was working fine on last Sat w/Android 6...Update to 7.1.1 had the system frozen and unable to connect phone calls after using the BT audio to play phone MP3 files...hard resets of both MIB2 and the phone seem to have worked...no problems today w/dialing out from the MIB2 accessing my phone contacts...and BT audio resumed after called ended...was concerned, but am watching closely
Old 03-22-2017, 04:07 AM   #94
All2Easy

Drives: '17 Golf R
Still waiting on the new head unit.....
All2Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:49 PM   #95
nate704

Drives: 2017 R
My 17 R was built on Jan. 16th, 2017, and I have about 230 miles on it so far.
I have not had any issue yet, and hopefully I won't have any issue down the road.
nate704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #96
All2Easy

Drives: '17 Golf R
Update: Dealer screwed up....parts department did not order the new module like service was told. Part is now on its way.

Did get the service writer to admit that they have had their fare share of replacements.
All2Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:58 PM   #97
TimGTI

Drives: 2017 GTI
2017 GTI Autobahn

My nav failed this morning at 1,400 miles. I have an appointment next Monday to see what their fix might be now.
TimGTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:30 PM   #98
YorkR

Drives: 2017 LGM R DSG DCC
Nav failed weds. Took delivery of my car 12/31 only 2300 miles on it. Dealer told me thy need to order all New unit. Just sucks never had one issue with my 2011 wrx. Hopefully no other issues are coming up.
YorkR is offline   Reply With Quote