GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
The side markers are starting to grow on me xD. So are the austins on reflex silver, I would've probably replaced wheels by now if I had any other paint color.

Attachments

• image000000(9) (1024x576).jpg
    image000000(9) (1024x576).jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 718

2015MK7_GTI

Finally got a new shifter installed today. Install is pretty easy given you have the shifter and boot. It’s not easy if you use the original boot like I did. I really love the round grip. Feels amazing. Takes me back to my R32 days. Highly recommend this install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get the shifter? Looks pretty bad ass - :cool:

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Installed my all season tires back on for winter duty, I can't justify winter tires on the GTI since I don't use it much during the winter and no snow driving.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Nice, I installed the OEM flaps today as well.
Put aluminum hub concentric rings in also to replace the plastic ones that came with my rims.
Feels smoother now...
As an fyi, I hope you used some anti seize on the hub rings. It'll build up corrosion and become a pain to remove and might most likely warp when trying to remove them.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
As an fyi, I hope you used some anti seize on the hub rings. It'll build up corrosion and become a pain to remove and might most likely warp when trying to remove them.

I remember working in the dark, with a hammer and screwdriver, to remove a pair of Al hubcentric rings that seized to the hub. Needless to say I needed a new set of rings after that fiasco.

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Do these need to be replaced from time to time? I just had winters and Enkei wheels installed. There is a definite feeling of a bad balancing job. Discount tire said it could be the hub rings. Appt today at 1:30. Maybe they will replace with fresh rings? They’re from 2010 and were used on a tdi wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Renck

Ready to race!
Installed OEM flaps for the winter season and murdered out the back side markers with Lamin-X charcoal tint. Love the flaps, not sure about the markers yet.

Nice, I installed the OEM flaps today as well.
Put aluminum hub concentric rings in also to replace the plastic ones that came with my rims.
Feels smoother now...

Where did you get your OEM mud flaps? Link? Please!

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG

I had aluminum hub rings on my old car. The first time that swapping wheels involved the use of a blowtorch, I switched to plastic ones. Not because of a minor inconvenience twice a year, but the thought of being stranded with a flat as a result of not being able to install the spare in the trunk.

I noticed no changes when I switched to plastic, and they held up just as well, if not better, for the 4 years that I was using them.

EDIT: I tried using anti-seize to keep the rings from fusing to the hubs. It does not work.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Installed my all season tires back on for winter duty, I can't justify winter tires on the GTI since I don't use it much during the winter and no snow driving.

Having all seasons will be the cheaper option than having separate summer and winter setup.

I went with separate winter setup because the price of winter tires were cheaper than all seasons.

Also, keep in mind that snow is NOT a main reason for having snow tires. it is the temperature that needs to be considered. If the temperature goes below 40F, summer tires become hard plastic, all seasons start losing performance, and the winter tires starts performing better.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
I have aluminum on the GTi and i know its gonna be fun the next time i need to remove them.

I also had alumnium on the S3 and those were damaged when switching from summers to winters. I purchased some polycarbonate rings for the S3 which were a bit pricey but it seems like the best solution when considering plastic vs aluminum. The polycarbonate feels heavy duty like the alumnium and it won't corrode.