GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to disable fade in when playing MP3

Stillwaterz

I logged an official complaint with VW Netherlands about the issue. After a while they informed me that a technician was going to call me back about it. I did indeed receive a call, but from the helpdesk employee who advised me to to see my dealer instead and wanted to close the call asap. So... obviously no clue there at VW. I did see my dealer about it, but how is a sales person going to be of any assistance? Or a mechanic? They know about engines, but they have no knowledge about the audio systems. (seriously my sales person did not even know how to update the NAV via download)...

Hey all, sorry to wake up and old topic :)

Was wondering if any fix came available in the time that has passed? I am not playing any music from SD anymore since it's just too annoying when you miss the first second of the song.

Did anybody test it with the USB cable and hard drive? Would be a good alternative if that fixes the problem.

marzell

Passed Driver's Ed
Unfortunately hard drives don't seem to work and probably wouldn't help anyway. It would load the music files off the same way. This doesn't happen with Bluetooth or aux because it doesn't actually read the files from the device, instead the audio stream is just passed through

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008

Dread

Any update on this? Not an iTunes issue. Only happens with SD cards with mp3s or .wav files.
I have a 2015 Golf with Fender sound. Fade in is on no matter what you do.

vigti

Passed Driver's Ed
Any update on this? Not an iTunes issue. Only happens with SD cards with mp3s or .wav files.
I have a 2015 Golf with Fender sound. Fade in is on no matter what you do.

I have a 2015 GTI with Fender audio and have been searching for a solution for this. Thinking I might explore with my OBDEleven this weekend and see if there is a VCDS long code or adaptation I can change

160dB

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 2015 GTI with Fender audio and have been searching for a solution for this. Thinking I might explore with my OBDEleven this weekend and see if there is a VCDS long code or adaptation I can change

If you find anything, please let us know. I would like to disable this too.

jasonsmith

Sorry for the bump but we gotta keep this alive. This crossfade thing is driving me nuts. Listen to Pink Floyd the wall and you'll want to punch the head unit as it wrecks the beginning of every song by fading out then back in. Any album that has continuous track play gets wrecked. Live albums, classical, soundtracks.

I like that when you change a song on purpose it fades out and in but during normal album playback it shouldn't do it, it's just wrong.

I have an obdeleven but haven't seen any tweaks. I'm almost ready to pay up for a 2016 head unit and attempt a swap.

stevep1041

Any update on this old thread?

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
I have the same problem using the usb. I will try to find a setting with vagcom and get back to you.

jasonsmith

I have the same problem using the usb. I will try to find a setting with vagcom and get back to you.

A hidden setting will be our only hope I think.

I went to the dealer where I bought it and they basically said there's no problem and that's the way it is. I fought with them some more so they would actually check with VW Canada and they were told there's only been one official warranty claim or complaint about it and the chances of them (VW) making an update would be null. Needless to say that was a learning point about this issue and my dealer.

So I went to a different dealer with a better customer service record and they immediately checked and came to the same conclusion. However they noticed that there was a radio update for the Tiguan same model year so they checked with VW Canada and got the approval to flash it, didn't help though. Apparently it fixed the sleep mode or something that the radios do when the car is turned off to prevent battery drain.

So, either we find a setting, mod or tweak or something or we all call in to VW to get this fixed. The only other option is to retrofit the new Discover Pro radio 2016> into ours.

Fingers crossed.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Searched through as much as I could with vagcom and found nothing.