GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Hoon

Autocross Champion
TFB TV posted a video of their picks for Top Five Cartridges. I only agreed with a few, and have come up with my top five myself.

Theirs:
.22LR
.300 Blackout
9mm
12ga

Mine:
.22LR(no need to explain this one I hope)
7.62x54R(my equivalent to .22LR growing up)
.357 Magnum (enough to drop a deer yet my grandmother can handle the recoil)
9mm(just gets shit done, cheaply)
7.92x57 (Mauser my first surplus round, manageable recoil, and easy to find still.)

Curious what you guys like most?

22 LR
5.56/.223
9mm
12 gauge
6.5 CM or 260 Rem

I like 7.62x39, but it doesn't do anything 5.56 doesn't do, so it's not on my top 5 list.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
22 LR
5.56/.223
9mm
12 gauge
6.5 CM or 260 Rem

I like 7.62x39, but it doesn't do anything 5.56 doesn't do, so it's not on my top 5 list.
That is true, so it pretty much comes down to logistics and what you already have around. For me, that is 7.62x39 :)

Can't imagine how much of the stuff I've shot over the years. A lot...

armedferret

Ready to race!
That is true, so it pretty much comes down to logistics and what you already have around. For me, that is 7.62x39 :)

I'm somewhere in the 20's (as in thousands of rounds) between 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 thru the AKs. I'd say that's probably 3/4 7.62x39.

Hoon

Autocross Champion

I'm somewhere in the 20's (as in thousands of rounds) between 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 thru the AKs. I'd say that's probably 3/4 7.62x39.

I'm just starting to get into the AK stuff.

I've sent a lot more .223 down range than any other (rifle) caliber.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Anybody own/shot a Savage 12 LRP? Looks like a fun range toy. Can't say I'm a huge fan of all the black chassis tacticool medium barrel precision rifles that are all the rage at the moment. I like the simpler rifles without all the bells and whistles and marketing.The true heavy 26" barrel of the LRP and reported out-of-the-box accuracy seem appealing in a ~$900 street price bolt gun.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Anybody own/shot a Savage 12 LRP? Looks like a fun range toy. Can't say I'm a huge fan of all the black chassis tacticool medium barrel precision rifles that are all the rage at the moment. I like the simpler rifles without all the bells and whistles and marketing.The true heavy 26" barrel of the LRP and reported out-of-the-box accuracy seem appealing in a ~$900 street price bolt gun.

I am, lol. The LRP is in the same price range(MSRP) as the RPR and I know which I'd rather jump for. That said, I will agree that the marketing on some of the "OTC" long range rifles is a bit excessive, however I think it is deserved in a lot of ways. The Savage Stealth and the RPR are epic bloody rifles for the money. For $1300(MSRP) I can get a rifle in a super magnum cartridge and shoot sub 2MOA at 800 yards easy. That deserves some hype I think :) (referring to the Stealth in .338 LM)

I haven't shot or seen the LRP in person myself, looks like a great rifle though and because of the attention their Stealth gets I bet there are some super good deals on one out there. That would be a nice rifle to have in 6.5CM.

Dooooo it....

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I recently played in a golf tournament and won a "closest to the hole" prize, which ended up being $50 at Dick's Sporting Goods. Picked up this nice piece of equipment that has made going to the range exponentially easier.

http://www.planomolding.com/hunting/series/x2tm-series-range-bags/x2-range-bag-small

Holds my Ruger 22/45 with red dot in the hard case and has enough room in the ammo can for sufficient ammo, eye protection, ear muffs, other odds and ends, AND my smaller hard case with the Walther PPQ in it. Really couldn't ask for more in one bag I can easily throw over my shoulder.

Not to mention it was free haha.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I recently played in a golf tournament and won a "closest to the hole" prize, which ended up being $50 at Dick's Sporting Goods. Picked up this nice piece of equipment that has made going to the range exponentially easier.

http://www.planomolding.com/hunting/series/x2tm-series-range-bags/x2-range-bag-small

Holds my Ruger 22/45 with red dot in the hard case and has enough room in the ammo can for sufficient ammo, eye protection, ear muffs, other odds and ends, AND my smaller hard case with the Walther PPQ in it. Really couldn't ask for more in one bag I can easily throw over my shoulder.

Not to mention it was free haha.
That is nice, I almost picked up something similar but a little bigger and far too expensive for my needs.

I need to get some range items, winter is coming, and indoor shooting(as much as I dislike it), is right around the corner.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
So, last night I rediscovered and starting doing research on the .375 Gibbs and .500 Gibbs cartridges. Primarily the .375 Creytec. Wow....what a freaking amazing cartridge.

It is travelling 1,600fps at 2,200yards still with a 425gr bullet. People all over YouTube hitting steel as 4km with these rifles. You can pour a cup of coffee in the time it take the round to reach the steel lol.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion