GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R 7.5 side skirts.

speedy_gonzales

Hi guys,
does anyone know of the oem part numbers for the side skirts on the mk7.5?
would be very interested in getting two new ones as they are starting to peel.*
Ive thought about wrapping but not sure of anyone good in the Norfolk area.*

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
If your car is a mk7.5 Golf R it can only be a few months old so it’s under warranty.

If the side skirts are starting to peel so soon, then it’ll be down to a manufacturing defect so they should be replaced under warranty; you shouldn’t have to buy replacements. IMO you should only be thinking of vinyl wrapping them if you want to change them to something other than gloss black, in which case they'll no longer match the gloss black lip on the bottom of the front and rear bumpers, so they’d also need to be wrapped.

NCM

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Uh, I think the OP's point is that he'd like to update the peeling side skirts on his older R with the newer design from the 7.5.

@OP: This kind of miscommunication could be avoided if you displayed your car's info.

Neil

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Side skirts on the 2018 are different then what’s on the 2017. They seem to be painted versions of what’s on the GTI.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Uh, I think the OP's point is that he'd like to update the peeling side skirts on his older R with the newer design from the 7.5.

@OP: This kind of miscommunication could be avoided if you displayed your car's info.

Neil

Neil, agree that displaying accurate car info helps members provide more relevant answers/info to queries. However, in this instance this exact same question was posted by a member on vwroc.com forum a few days ago (under a different forum member name though), so I’m assuming it’s the OP. If so, they have a mk7.5 Golf R as they posted a picture of their car on that forum (Lapiz Blue 5 door with black Pretoria alloys). The query they posted on vwroc.com was;

Hi guys,

does anyone know of the oem part numbers for the side skirts on the mk7.5?

would be very interested in getting two new ones as they are starting to peel.
Ive thought about wrapping but not sure of anyone good in the Norfolk area.

Thanks in advance.

I’m not a member on vwroc.com so couldn’t respond to them on that forum though.