GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waxing just before downpour ?

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
Decided this morning it was looking decent enough to wash, clay bar and wax my car before winter. 3/4 the way threw wiping it down that it started sprinkling. Just as I finished the rain came a pouring ( fricking crazy Island weather!! ).
Question; does the wax ( synthetic wax ) need to cure or have I waisted a morning and need to start all over next decent day or is all ok?
Cheers

Stone1

Passed Driver's Ed
Decided this morning it was looking decent enough to wash, clay bar and wax my car before winter. 3/4 the way threw wiping it down that it started sprinkling. Just as I finished the rain came a pouring ( fricking crazy Island weather!! ).
Question; does the wax ( synthetic wax ) need to cure or have I waisted a morning and need to start all over next decent day or is all ok?
Cheers

Only if stated like Jetseal which is 12 or 24 hours (I forget).

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
I've waxed my GTI with Butter Wet Wax while it sprinkled and it's fine b/c it's meant to work with wet paint. Haven't tried it with other waxes though.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Link the wax. Some synthetics do need to cure.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
It’s the Mother’s synthetic and it did bead up nicely!
Had to run out to do a estimate and by the time I’d gotten back the sun was back out and since I hadn’t driven it I just toweled it down again and applied another coat and finished the wheels and windows I hadn’t gotten to before the rain!
All’s good ��

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
It’s the Mother’s synthetic and it did bead up nicely!
Had to run out to do a estimate and by the time I’d gotten back the sun was back out and since I hadn’t driven it I just toweled it down again and applied another coat and finished the wheels and windows I hadn’t gotten to before the rain!
All’s good
One coat good; two coats better...

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
You should be fine, and layering a second coat on should ensure total coverage if you happened to miss any sections when applying the first coat.

I recently use Fusso Coat Dark 12 months Wax which, in spite of it’s name, is a sealant and only needs 10-15 minutes curing time before buffing off.

Applied 2 coats