GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trading my 2015 R for an 2018 RS3

Hwcn

Ready to race!
I found my R to be a bit of a disappointment. Paint was very soft, never could get the tires aligned properly, navigation system from the 90's, climate control has a mind of it's own, and lots of rattles. It just never felt like a $40,000 car.

This doesn't include the endless frustration with my Eurodyne stage 1 tune.

Actually looking forward to getting rid of the car, I am just unsure whether the RS3 is going to be so much better to warrant the cost.

airjor13

Ready to race!
The underlining platform is the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Well, I can tell you this. Never buy the first year of any car, you are the beta tester. My 16 and 17 R's haven't had any of the issues your complaining about.

Good luck with the Audi, personally I'd wait a year anyway, let others figure out the issues through warranty concerns/patterns, hope the manufacturer updates them for the next model year, then buy.

And sometimes ya just get a bad one, I think those odds go up exponentially with first year model runs. Good luck that 5 cylinder sounds sexy as hell at least!

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Sorry to hear about your problems with your 15 R; I've had great luck with mine. That said, the new RS3 sounds like a dream albeit it an expensive dream. Enjoy the new toy.

FlyGTI2

Ready to race!
Ya just $25-35 grand more, or u can go vw and $1400, but no drivetrain warranty or Audi prestige :)

Imagine what that ttrs woulda done to Godzilla with just a tune, 60ft not even close stock for stock, impressive little Audi!!!

Even a mild tune would of been interesting

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Even a mild tune would of been interesting

Agreed! Time will tell if an aggressive or hi tq tune will put those in the high 10s. That'd be amazing considering ya would've never even popped the hood. Seems plausible to me based on agressive tuned mk7r's the little bit of data leaking out on new preliminary tuned s4s, bet that 5cylinder will fall in line with those gains, which is impressive for tune only cars, then again they're all impressive oem stock. I saw a stock R run a 12.9 at the track, guys on the Audi forums already showing mid 12s for stock s4's and the stock rs models running mid to high 11s out of the box.

Wish I had more $$$ :)

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I found my R to be a bit of a disappointment. Paint was very soft, never could get the tires aligned properly, navigation system from the 90's, ...

You lost me right there. Yes, MIB1 navigation sucks hind tit, but try something out of an E39 or E46 BMW and get back to us about the '90s.

Looking forward to followup post in 18 months when you trade the RS3 for a Bugatti.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
RS3 is a wild ride for sure, or at least, it seems to be, but my big bugaboo with the S3 and its variants is that in a sedan that size, I kind of want a manual. No, I really want a manual. Not that I'd reject a RS3 someone gave me, but I doubt I'd spend that kind of money on any sort of S3 with an automatic. I'd have far fewer problems, say, with getting an S4 or a C43 but something about a small sedan with and automatic bugs me. Personal preference only; the RS3 is clearly a hell of a car.