GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

kessey.

simba

Passed Driver's Ed
Had my gtd 3wks, from day 1 the salesguy told me when asked should the kessey lock the doors when the door handle is touched ,no he said it a safety thing ,found out by accident that it does but only 10 percent of the time has anybody got the same problem.everything else works o/k with the kessey thing. I think he's telling me porky's.
Just to add my gtd is 4 months old.

pipsyp

Ready to race!
Touching the little dimple towards the rear end of the front of the drivers or passengers door handle should lock the car.

The action of placing your palm around the back of either handle to unlock.

You can open the tailgate anytime when locked so long as you have the key on you.

If you have a 5 door it doesnt work at all on the rear handles, front only.

If you cant get the car to lock reliably by pressing against the dimple on the face of either front handle then I guess you have a problem. Bear in mind the unlocking sensor is located behind the dimple so whilst it will generally work in the vicinity you have to really tap youe finger directly on the dimple for it to be reliable.

Bit of a shame Golf Mk7's with Kessy do not proximity lock/unlock (i.e locks/unlocks automatically as soon as the key is in or out of range) but undestand that functionality can be coded with VCDS.

phope1

Ready to race!
Bit of a shame Golf Mk7's with Kessy do not proximity lock/unlock (i.e locks/unlocks automatically as soon as the key is in or out of range) but undestand that functionality can be coded with VCDS.

It sounds useful, but in real life could be a PITA

Can't imagine my wife & dog would be happy when filling up at the petrol station and the doors and alarm automatically activating as I walked towards the counter to pay :D

s7wag

Ready to race!
I had same system on my A6 and seemed to work well BUT as Pipsyp says you need to press the dimple without fingers behind the handle. Funny though I've got normal key for the GTD and was pleased when I started to here about potential theft issues with keyless but I'm sure like any car that is on the desired list those thieves will still get it!

richiekuk

Ready to race!

Anyone know where to do this in VCDS? I fancy giving it a try.

simba

Passed Driver's Ed
Just noticed it will lock 90 percent of the time when index finger only is used strange but true, tried using palm of my hand, thumb but to no avail ,no big deal though.

pipsyp

Ready to race!
Just noticed it will lock 90 percent of the time when index finger only is used strange but true, tried using palm of my hand, thumb but to no avail ,no big deal though.

Yes but are you pressing your finger against the dimple on the handle.....its like a 1cm by 1mm cut in the handle towards the back of the handle. The sensor is located beneath that dimple hence why it has to be pressed against there.

You are not alone...a number of people have had issues successfully using kessy until they suss the trick with the locking dimple....its assumed you can press anywhere on the front surface of the handle but is not the case.

simba

Passed Driver's Ed
I've found the dimple , just find strange that it wont lock by pressing the dimple using the palm of my hand.

richiekuk

Ready to race!
I've found the dimple , just find strange that it wont lock by pressing the dimple using the palm of my hand.

When I first saw my car I couldn't get it to lock at all. But now it's second nature. Just touch the dimple with my index finger and its locks up.

paddypool

Ready to race!
Had a sh1t day with my 'kessy' .
Was in the 'back of beyond' on work trip. Went back to the car opened the boot & put my jacket in. I forgot to take out the key AND my mobile, however never overly worried as the car is not supposed to lock with the key in it, HOWEVER, as you can guess by now, IT DID LOCK!
Had to walk miles to get the use of a phone & organise a lift to get the spare. Lost most of the day over it...Bloody fuming.....
The key battery is only a few weeks old & the MFD isn't alerting me to a low battery!?
Is the KESSY acting up & has anyone else experienced this?

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
My passenger side works perfectly when locking. It's my driver's side that can be a bit temperamental when locking. It's strange, but I learned that it works better with my right hand and I can't simply touch the dimple, I have to "pinch" the handle with my thumb and index finger. That way it works 100% of the time.