GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New front splitter and rear valance

s7wag

Ready to race!
Rob, the colour coding makes a huge impact and a huge WOW factor with the Kersher splitter. Are you getting any scrapping with the new splitter compared to the Maxton? I've removed imine too so looking for replacements.

Thanks

Steve

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Rob, the colour coding makes a huge impact and a huge WOW factor with the Kersher splitter. Are you getting any scrapping with the new splitter compared to the Maxton? I've removed imine too so looking for replacements.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve, as you know I colour coded the Maxton but I thought it added' too much' colour coding the front, if you know what I mean, and it looked a bit silly, not to mention it wasn't practical for everyday use, as you found out yourself.

The Kerscher one is not as obvious and hugs the standard bodywork much closer, so it doesn't hang down as much and therefore isn't prone to scraping as much (although it will still catch really big kerbs and speedbumps as I found out the other day :mad:)

Also it is better quality and I think looks much better than the Maxton one, although it obviously costs about twice as much. I looked at loads before buying it and just wanted something quite subtle, I think this is the best option available. I'd definitely recommend.

GoSlow75

Passed Driver's Ed
Your car looks really good! Love the front splitter.

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Rob, did you bolt the Kercher splitter on or just use the 3M tape?

It's bolted on with about 12 bolts mate. I didn't do it, my mate's got a garage so did it on his ramp, would be a bit of a nightmare without one, you'd probably be best taking the bumper off. Didn't get any tape with it, don't think it's supposed to be taped on.

johnnyg87.jg

Sorry for dragging up an old thread is your car on vwr springs and what spacers you running and is Maxton splitter still forsale thank you

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Sorry for dragging up an old thread is your car on vwr springs and what spacers you running and is Maxton splitter still forsale thank you

Yes car is on VWR springs and spacers are 15mm front 20mm rear.

I've still got the Maxton splitter somewhere in my garage if you're interested but it'll have to be collection only to be honest cos it'll be a pain in the arse to post :D

johnnyg87.jg

I have 15mm rear nd 10mm front out vwr any other mods you guys recommend

Attachments

• _20180115_213238.JPG
    _20180115_213238.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 486