GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
I did Unitronic. From all my research I liked them the best, because you can tune from home and they tweak timing and a few other parameters instead of aggressively overboosting. I'll gladly trade a little power for less wear and tear on the engine and turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice. That would had been my second choice. Whens the IC going on?? These cars need them.

Gotta take a break for a bit picking up parts, so I probably won't do the IC till sometime in the summer once the bank account replenishes a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
These cars need water/meth + intercooler :D :D :D

I'm set for about a month lol

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
These cars need water/meth + intercooler :D :D :D

I'm set for about a month lol

So epic man. One day id definitely like to run a set up like this. No heat soak would be amazballs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RoyB2

Ready to race!
Anyone here have any experience with The Auto Art? thoughts? reviews?

I have had some work done there twice. First time I was happy. Second time I am on the fence about. I feel the paint doesn't match 100% like the first time. Their price is in line with other shops in the area.

dre1615

Ready to race!
Anyone know of any Cobb dyno tuners in Chicagoland other than P+L and AMS? Interested for my MK7 GTI, but these are the only two places I could find.

Good/bad experiences are also welcome.

Thanks

ninjalix

I have had some work done there twice. First time I was happy. Second time I am on the fence about. I feel the paint doesn't match 100% like the first time. Their price is in line with other shops in the area.

how about in terms of ordering parts/wheels from them? any experience?

RoyB2

Ready to race!
how about in terms of ordering parts/wheels from them? any experience?

I have only had body work done there. Sometimes I feel like they didn't take me serious because I don't have a $500K+ car though. If you have ever stopped by you would understand. They must have 10M in customers cars on their lot at any given time.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
I have only had body work done there. Sometimes I feel like they didn't take me serious because I don't have a $500K+ car though. If you have ever stopped by you would understand. They must have 10M in customers cars on their lot at any given time.

I felt the same way when Chicago auto pros did my tint. They had 3 guys working on a 911 GT3 in the garage and here I am dropping off my peasant GTI hahaha.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Anyone have any experience with Fox Valley VW in St. Charles? May try them for my 10K service. I liked the service department at Autobarn Mt Prospect and Countryside but they are both a bit of a drive.