GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Is there a guide for this? Kicking myself for not just going PP and looking at best solution now.

Yup, here's a list of part #'s from another forum member.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10374

Its only worth it if you can get the calipers for cheap. Otherwise if you're buying new/reman calipers, you're getting in real BBK territory ($1k mark). I got mine for $200. Pads are dirt cheap, Stoptech street pads are $38. The other major cost is the brackets.

Anyone here willing to do some coding in exchange for beer? I'm located in Joliet, work in Downers Grove. Looking to do some coding for DRL's, Passenger mirror flip, and LED license plate lights.

PM Jay745, resident ChiTown vagcom dude.

Last edited:

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone here willing to do some coding in exchange for beer? I'm located in Joliet, work in Downers Grove. Looking to do some coding for DRL's, Passenger mirror flip, and LED license plate lights.

I'm in Joliet/Plainfield area and I have an OBDeleven if you haven't found anyone else yet. Just let me know.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Scored some back seat weathertechs to match my fronts for $35 off the Facebook group. Not a bad Easter.
Very Solid! Craigslist came up huge for me on weathertechs. Got front and rear for 60!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DAS_STIG

Banned
Yup, here's a list of part #'s from another forum member.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10374

Its only worth it if you can get the calipers for cheap. Otherwise if you're buying new/reman calipers, you're getting in real BBK territory ($1k mark). I got mine for $200. Pads are dirt cheap, Stoptech street pads are $38. The other major cost is the brackets.

Thanks. Guess I'll keep an eye out for a bbk I like.

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Did a downpipe and subframe insert on a brand new mk7 R today for a member. Good times

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's my R, thanks to Jay and Carson for hooking me up! Looking forward to checking out the club soon too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
I helped SuperDuper with some VCDS tweaks this morning, if anyone else around the Chicago area wants some help I'll do it cheaper than a dealership.

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Kill the battery?

My car is pretty new so it shouldn't have been an issue, but they recommended hooking it to a trickle charger while doing the flashes so you don't brick anything.