GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACT Indication

daltom

Passed Driver's Ed
Picked up my new 1.4 GT TSI DSG today and has met all expectations so far. However, when I test drove a manual version last year there was a clear indication on the MFD when engine was on 2 cylinders. Couldn't get that today on 80 mile drive back, only an 'Eco' symbol when throttle closed. Should I be able to switch indication on via info system? Grateful for any help please - so many more buttons etc than my previous BMWs! Handbook no help.

ChrisK

Ready to race!
I’ve not got ACT on my Match so can’t comment but as a guess could it be that ACT does not work in Eco Mode?

Have ago in Normal Mode and see if it cuts in then and besides after doing a few tank full’s in Eco Mode and now using Normal Mode period I’ve come to the conclusion like others on here that there’s not a lot of saving using the Eco Mode and in Normal Mode power is always on tap should you need it.

pcr

Ready to race!
There are some MFD modes which do not display the ECO message, digital speed is one, just change the MFD to a different mode, on the steering wheel.

psquared2

Ready to race!
There are some MFD modes which do not display the ECO message, digital speed is one, just change the MFD to a different mode, on the steering wheel.

I almost always have the digital speed display in the MFD and the ECO symbol shows up when engine under light loads.

daltom

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for replies. I have now partially solved the issue on this morning's drive back from overnight stop. Pcr you are right about the MFD modes display being involved. I can get a '2cylinder' operating display on the current mpg screen, but only on D6 and not D7 for some reason. Needs further investigation!