GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECU Tune with exhaust crackles

Antonioni fasano

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone, a friend of mine just made a remap on his Jetta (2.0 tsi), same engine as the GTI mk7, and whenever he takes the foot out of the throttle there is so much crackle with the exhaust, its sounds unreal! However he lives back in Brasil, while I am living in chicago, I am really looking to do it in the GTI, anyone knows any ECU Tune that gets these noises?

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT

slowgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
after a while the noise will be so annoying lol

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
after a while the noise will be so annoying lol

I agree. I think they do give you two maps though, one with the noises and one without. I get the occasional, surprise burbles with just a Clubsport S muffler. I think noises like these are more enjoyable when they come every once in a while rather than all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I believe 5150 also has a crackle tune if you message them they can get you one.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I get the occasional, surprise burbles with just a Clubsport S muffler.

Can you elaborate more on "occasional"? How often is that and under what situation? I'm considering getting a CSS muffler. Would you also get similar burbles with a cat back?

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
Never got any surprise crackles/burbles on mine. I have the CS S Muffler too and will get some pops only if I break traction.

I get them at low speed, such as going through parking lots, and when the DSG rev matches to around 3-4K revs on downshifts from 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd. It only started occurring after I had about 1,000 miles on the muffler. They're not loud like what the stratified tune does.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I get them at low speed, such as going through parking lots, and when the DSG rev matches to around 3-4K revs on downshifts from 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd. It only started occurring after I had about 1,000 miles on the muffler. They're not loud like what the stratified tune does.

Must be a DSG thing. I have around probably 3-4k with it.

The only other time I'll hear some burbles is moving around at low speeds when the engine's still cold. I rev match downshift 90% of the time but no burbles either.

I don't mind having a little bit of those artificial pops and crackles, I'd probably get it too once I get an ECU flash/tune, though I'd want it at a higher RPM threshold and not continuous gunshots lol. They're just as artificial as the pops and crackles in the Clubsport S, Focus RS, or F-Type.

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
Must be a DSG thing. I have around probably 3-4k with it.

The only other time I'll hear some burbles is moving around at low speeds when the engine's still cold. I rev match downshift 90% of the time but no burbles either.

I don't mind having a little bit of those artificial pops and crackles, I'd probably get it too once I get an ECU flash/tune, though I'd want it at a higher RPM threshold and not continuous gunshots lol. They're just as artificial as the pops and crackles in the Clubsport S, Focus RS, or F-Type.

I've been looking at the stratified tune a lot recently, I haven't seen any MK7 users on YouTube post any videos with the pops and crackles maps, but the MK6 ones do sound good. It seems stratified has a very good reputation among the Focus crowd and I'd be confident getting a tune from them.

Antonioni fasano

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been looking at the stratified tune a lot recently, I haven't seen any MK7 users on YouTube post any videos with the pops and crackles maps, but the MK6 ones do sound good. It seems stratified has a very good reputation among the Focus crowd and I'd be confident getting a tune from them.

I am in the same position as you! I am really looking into Stratified specially because of those exhaust crackles which sounds incredible. However I have not managed to find any review of it! The only thing that makes me a little bit pissed is that normally a intake ($500) and a downpipe ($400) makes up to stage 2, however With stratified Cobb Accessport you need a intake ($500) and AMS intercooler ($800)!! But you can get a stage 1+ with just the intake. If anyone has something to say about stratified will be really helpful!

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
I am in the same position as you! I am really looking into Stratified specially because of those exhaust crackles which sounds incredible. However I have not managed to find any review of it! The only thing that makes me a little bit pissed is that normally a intake ($500) and a downpipe ($400) makes up to stage 2, however With stratified Cobb Accessport you need a intake ($500) and AMS intercooler ($800)!! But you can get a stage 1+ with just the intake. If anyone has something to say about stratified will be really helpful!

Technically, you don't need any of that. The stratified tuning is different than the Cobb stage packages. As I see it, you tell stratified what mods you have (which could be none, but they advise to upgrade your downpipe for the crackles) and they build a tune around your car, completely custom.