GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Average Lifetime of a tuned engine/Plug-and-Play Module's

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
A neuspeed is effectively the same thing as a stage 1 tune, but without messing with the ECU... Stage 1 is just a turbo retune IMHO.
Thanks for bringing the thread back up. Yeah, for the most part a piggy can do a great deal. But something to consider is that an ECU tune done right can redefine timing and power strategy in the low and high rpm range where a stock turbo hasn't fully come online or has run out of air. Also, when the full ECU is at the helm, a stock IS20 turbo can yield 356 WFT on 91 octane with no other mods (APR). That said, I do understand why piggys are popular due to ease of use.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
My two previous cars engines were running just fine when I parted with them, 99 A4 1.8t with 112k miles running a K04 (IS38 of its day) and aggressive GIAC tune. Then my last car a 2006 GLI 2.0t running Stg2 APR up to 155k when I turned it in. With the exception of massive oil consumption on the GLI both were fantastic and had no issues related to the extra strain put on by the performance modifications.