GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gtijake's Drone Free Turboback Thread

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
I do not have a before video but i can take an after. It is significantly quieter than before. It is not silent (but why put an exhaust on if you want a silent car) but I will not be selling the exhaust anymore.

What kindof video do you want and I can take some this weekend.

my exhaust: Catted CTS Turbo back exhaust. Vibrant resonator and suitcase muffler are the only things in line. I do not have that second muffler that the new CTS exhausts have.

I'd be curious even what a rev from idle to ~3k would sound like. I'm realizing how loud my stock muffler is with a downpipe and "ultra quiet" vibrant resonator in line. I wouldn't mind it being quieter.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I'd be curious even what a rev from idle to ~3k would sound like. I'm realizing how loud my stock muffler is with a downpipe and "ultra quiet" vibrant resonator in line. I wouldn't mind it being quieter.

OK i'll see what i can do. I only wish now that i recorded before sounds.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Yeah the UQ is too short to cancel the drone frequency of our engine. My set up is very civilized around town and on the highway. Just enough deep/mean exhaust note when you get on it hard to back up the power

rexneffect

Ready to race!
"I'll buy that for a dollar!" (1980s robocop movie quote).
Looks and sounds perfect, man! I want one ;). On the 7R. Soon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Bumping to keep this thread alive. No matter who's building it or if you've already got a aftermarket CBE this Vibrant resonator works to kill drone. https://m.summitracing.com/parts/vp...MIkNm8vOSG1QIVykoNCh2dEg-EEAQYASABEgKiZ_D_BwE

There's also a 2.5" version of it I'll post a link below.

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-17930

I have the magnaflow and it's perfect, but once I add DP I am worried about drone....going to see how others find the MAP DP catted/resonated

stdong

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the magnaflow and it's perfect, but once I add DP I am worried about drone....going to see how others find the MAP DP catted/resonated

The drone will make your ears ring once you put the DP on. Just weld in the resonator Gti jake mentions above after the cats and it'll have the perfect ration of volume/drone. Same setup I'm running now and it sounds great with minimal drone but still loud when you get on it!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The drone will make your ears ring once you put the DP on. Just weld in the resonator Gti jake mentions above after the cats and it'll have the perfect ration of volume/drone. Same setup I'm running now and it sounds great with minimal drone but still loud when you get on it!

Glad you're happy with it, hopefully more people will try this set up. That $88 resonator makes a world of difference

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Hey guys, anybody seen or heard this catback?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-techton...k-exhaust-system-stainless-steel/252700a~ttt/

Looks similar to what people have been doing with the Magnaflow and adding a front resonator. This utilizes a large Magnaflow front resonator and Magnaflow muffler. Also comes with a reducer to mount up to a stock downpipe or you can get it 3" all the way.

Could not find any sound comparisons on youtube, I'm just curious if anyone's seen one in person.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-techton...k-exhaust-system-stainless-steel/252700a~ttt/

Looks similar to what people have been doing with the Magnaflow and adding a front resonator. This utilizes a large Magnaflow front resonator and Magnaflow muffler. Also comes with a reducer to mount up to a stock downpipe or you can get it 3" all the way.

Could not find any sound comparisons on youtube, I'm just curious if anyone's seen one in person.

This is almost exactly what Jcarl has. Sounds great IMO, but not loud or crackly, just deep and throaty. I'm adding the Magnaflow front res to my stock muffler catback when I can get an appointment.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie

Would love to hear this one - TT has been around forever - wish it was a tad cheaper though.