GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

German Auto Industry Cartel?

NickC

Ready to race!
So while at work talking to some buddies about a crazy old man that shot out the tires of an AT&T work truck we decided to look up the video. I found an article about it on Jalopnik, and after a few good laughs I found this and gave it a read. Not sure if this just broke or if this is old news, but this could be another step in the wrong direction for VW.

http://jalopnik.com/german-car-companies-have-run-a-secret-cartel-since-the-1797143527

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Without more information, and a better knowledge of EU/German law, it's hard to make much out of this sort of thing. I mean, US car companies did a lot of informal deals, in everything from making agreements with the UAW to how they handled dealers to how they worked with each other's quasi-independent parts suppliers. Big business like this, especially big manufacturing concerns, always end up pushed towards vertical and horizontal integration, and when you have a few big players in a large market like cars, it's pretty much as natural as breathing for them to figure out ways to make life easier for each other.

Whether such efforts end up being either illegal, or (depending on one's POV) immoral, gets pretty complicated.

NickC

Ready to race!