GOLFMKV

Riptide's MK7 GTI 6SP Pure White

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Definitely a clutch first though, I'm doing the clutch before I flash it at APR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
How do you like the H&R Street Performance Coilovers?

I love them. It rides just like stock but I can adjust the height obviously. I installed them at the level they were at from the factory and only had to make very minor adjustments. No rubbing and I have 18x8.5 ET45 wheels.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
That's awesome to hear! I've been looking at coilovers lately and those H&R's look very appealing to me. It is between to these and the Bilstein B14's. Keep up the great work!

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
That's awesome to hear! I've been looking at coilovers lately and those H&R's look very appealing to me. It is between to these and the Bilstein B14's. Keep up the great work!

Thanks bro! Great to hear positive feedback! I just ordered an APR Downpipe and an IE Carbon Fiber Intake with the Turbo Inlet Pipe. I think after that it'll just be a clutch and a flash tune.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Thanks bro! Great to hear positive feedback! I just ordered an APR Downpipe and an IE Carbon Fiber Intake with the Turbo Inlet Pipe. I think after that it'll just be a clutch and a flash tune.

Definitely going to need a clutch man! You're going to love the stg 2 flash. It's crazy how these cars transform after a tune

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Definitely going to need a clutch man! You're going to love the stg 2 flash. It's crazy how these cars transform after a tune

Yeah that's what I hear. I had an MKV GTI DSG back in 2012 that I had a 42dd downpipe on it, an Evoms Intake and a catch can on it. Never got a tune. I just need to do it. But I need to get the clutch first. Clutch and installation is a big ticket lol

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Installed the APR downpipe today not knowing that I needed the APR universal kit in order to mate it to my AWE exhaust so my car is a screaming banshee until it gets here. I had some trouble getting the v band on the Turbo/downpipe. It's tightened up so it's not loose and I'm not losing anything that I know of but it's not near tight enough and it looks slightly ajar.

I also got my Intake installed, couldn't hear it because my downpipe was screaming [emoji35]

I also got my ECS hatch pop kit installed and coded. Tomorrow I will figure out that v band

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
New Intake and Downpipe post installation. Even with a spacer I'm still popping a bunch of CEL's so I'm thinking I may have installed the cat backwards? I'm not sure but I had a spacer on my MKV and I never popped a CEL.

Oh and I got the hatch pop kit installed as well but that's not worth a photo lol.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
So I'm just curious, what does anyone reading this think my next move should be?

Tune
Clutch
Air Ride
Intercooler
Updated engine dress up
Fluidampr

I live in Panama City Florida so the drive up to APR is only 3 hours away so my intention was to get a tune then a clutch soon afterwards. I'm not an aggressive driver and I don't street race so I think my stock clutch will hold up well. For the replacement I figured a South Bend Stage 2. But I'd like the other mods as well.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Also I'm currently waiting on a shipment from Chemical Guys for my clay block and C9 Carbon Flex. That'll go on this week as well.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Ok so I got great news today, I'm getting medically retired out of the Air Force and I have been saving up funds so it's time to spend some on the vehicle! Now I'm getting an RSR clutch from hstuning.com and then I'm also getting a Fluidampr, denso ihk24 spark plugs, and an HID kit from usp motor sports.com. Then after install I plan on an APR stage 2 tune. Then I think that's about it for the time being. Any other recommendations?