GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hulk's GTI Project

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Yep that's the video that solidified my choice to stick with 18's. As for tire width, also factor in the brand. Michelins tend to run wider than continentals for example. That said here's 235 continentals on an 8.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Yep that's the video that solidified my choice to stick with 18's. As for tire width, also factor in the brand. Michelins tend to run wider than continentals for example. That said here's 235 continentals on an 8.5.

Nice man thanks for the info. I'll be looking to run 235s as well

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Debating just ordering a set of solid summers (235s) for the V804s. I love these wheels and might be too sad to see someone drive off w them. A Winter setup will be a must though.

As for tires, I'm rly eyeing the Sport version of the Conti ExtremeContact. That or the Firehawk Indy 500s.

Decisions, decisions.

I probably shouldn't mention I'm also looking at Bilstein coils. Rly want to dial in the handling and overall drivability before adding needless power.

Last edited:

TonWah

Ready to race!
I would do the tires then and keep the wheels. They really are good looking wheels. You can always transfer the tires to other wheels if you end up deciding to sell them.

You have similar goals as me. I want to be able to put down the stock power well before I go adding anymore. I'm interested in the MSS kit. If all the hype is true then that would be a good alternative to coils, at least for me.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Liking the OEM+ design of the 034 intake. Their cf one was too expensive but this is more like it. The intake tube and upper air box are one piece which should give a great seal, and the install looks easy peasy.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Ordered

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
That intake is one of my personal favs as well...

I'm NOT a fan of oiled filters that allow sand and grit into the intake. OEM filters really clean the air much better than any aftermarket filter that I've found.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
That intake is one of my personal favs as well...

I'm NOT a fan of oiled filters that allow sand and grit into the intake. OEM filters really clean the air much better than any aftermarket filter that I've found.

Yeah it's a nice simple design
Very pleased w their dogbone insert and I only read other good things about 034

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Debating just ordering a set of solid summers (235s) for the V804s. I love these wheels and might be too sad to see someone drive off w them. A Winter setup will be a must though.

As for tires, I'm rly eyeing the Sport version of the Conti ExtremeContact. That or the Firehawk Indy 500s.

Decisions, decisions.

I probably shouldn't mention I'm also looking at Bilstein coils. Rly want to dial in the handling and overall drivability before adding needless power.

I went with the Conti ExtremeContact Sports myself and really like them. Have just under 3k miles on them now paired with JB1. This is my first set of summers so I don't have much to compare them too, but I haven't had any issues to comment on

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
For such an expensive piece of plastic, I'd expect better fitment.

Intake on the way!

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Fitment is a bit fidgity with those things.

Yeah for certain. Oh well, under the hood looks way better.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Nice straightforward install for the 034 P34 intake. It sounds maybe slightly better but being a closed system, probably not by much. If anything, the blow off sounds louder and more pronounced. Hard pulls feel smooth. Very happy with the fitment and OEM look. Definitely an improvement.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Made the proud move to 17s today. Went for even lighter weight and the ability to still move up to BBK as well. After much deliberation, this is much better for a year round setup and in managing these rough Jersey roads.

RSe05 17x8 ET45 17lbs

Also got these snazzy Continental ExtremeContact Sports 235/45zr17.

These are newish but getting some great reviews on tirerack and elsewhere; on par with PSS and great in the wet. This entire setup should be ~38lbs. Definitely better than stock and improvement over current.

Excited to make the switch. Should all be arriving next week.