GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Amazing MPG

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Over the last tank I've been getting the best MPG I've ever had on my new GTD. The warmer weather coupled with the engine being nicely run in, although the run home from work was pretty congested, (and there is a 50mph speed section for 5 miles), netted this (the best I've ever had in this or the previous white GTD). Not too bad considering mine is a DSG and is running the 19" Santiago alloys. I wonder if it's something to do with me adding a few PSI to the tyres - now running 39psi all round rather than the 35psi I was running before, as I gleaned this new pressure off a few members from this forum who said it had made the car much better.

And this as an average on the current tank a few days before with a trip to the lake district (without really trying).

Also checked by tyre tread depths in preparation for the car going in for it's first service today. I rotated them at 7k miles front to back and the car now has just over 10k on it. Rocking 6mm across the fronts (max 6.1 min 5.7) and 6.3mm across the backs (max 6.54 min 6.1) so wearing pretty evenly so far with just over 25% wear (based on 8mm from new) in 10K miles, so based on that, should easily see 20k out of a set of Pirelli P-Zeros, which I don't think is too bad.

shrooms

my rear tyres keep inflating themselves by about 4-5 psi for reasons i can't understand. Maybe hotter weather? I assume they had gone flat when the computer flag up a problem but always the opposite.

mondo

Ready to race!
I wish I could get that kind of mileage out of a tank..
Every day I bullshit myself that I will drive nicely, no faster than 140KM/H..

Then I hit the Autobahn and all logic disappears...

Zaphod

At 23,000KM on the clock, the warmer weather has definitely improved my MPG also. But not quite getting 68MPG! The last couple of weeks I can easily get 55MPG [5.1L/100KM] without much thought whereas before I was looking at 43-45 MPG [6.0L/100KM]most days.

Baz_doc1

My GTD isn't performing anywhere as near as good as my mk6 GTD... got it remapped today so fingers crossed this week will see better results, if I can keep my foot off it lol