GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Stage 2 93 octane: 99 hp and 118 Ft lbs torque

Is this the max hp gains? ^

Probably pretty close. Most ed stage 2 dynos ive seen are 300-320 whp.
Stock cars seem to make 215-230 whp dyno depending.

Fwd cars lose 10 ish % it seems.

slowgti1

Passed Driver's Ed

yea I saw around 310whp average figured I would ask before I pulled the trigger I am just trying to decided which is the best choice based on the mods I have.

(tbe, fmic, intake, bov, turb/intercooler pipe kit and a 50 shot of nos)

Travis9935

Ready to race!

No vw just under rated it like Mazdaspeed3 did theirs. Usually it's a 18% loss with manual & up to 25% auto. Obviously drive train pending.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Zx2man

Ready to race!
No vw just under rated it like Mazdaspeed3 did theirs. Usually it's a 18% loss with manual & up to 25% auto. Obviously drive train pending.

????????
Sir..... I am referring to drivetrain loss. How much power a car loses from crank to the wheels. Moving a driveshaft,axles, tranny gears, transfer case if it applies robs hp. Fwd cars do not lose 18%

Did Vw under-rate their 210 horsepower claim for the mk7 gti?
Absolutely. Once again....most mk7s are making 215-230 WHP, from what I have seen. These #s are from various dynos that read differently in different parts of the country. Usually 220-228 whp makes up for most of the dynos ive seen.
The dsg may lose more than 10%...but in no way is the 6sp losing 18% lol

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
So is it better to run 92 oct adjustment with 93 oct fuel rather than 93 oct adjustment?

It just depends on the quality of your gas and what the logs say. If you're pulling lots of timing on 93 oct setting with 93 oct gas, then yeah try bumping down to 92 and re-log

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zimmie2652

Ready to race!

Travis9935

Ready to race!
????????
Sir..... I am referring to drivetrain loss. How much power a car loses from crank to the wheels. Moving a driveshaft,axles, tranny gears, transfer case if it applies robs hp. Fwd cars do not lose 18%

Did Vw under-rate their 210 horsepower claim for the mk7 gti?
Absolutely. Once again....most mk7s are making 215-230 WHP, from what I have seen. These #s are from various dynos that read differently in different parts of the country. Usually 220-228 whp makes up for most of the dynos ive seen.
The dsg may lose more than 10%...but in no way is the 6sp losing 18% lol
Well I've owned like 25 vehicles in my life been on every forum and that's pretty typical for dt loss. Fwd Pentastar 3.6 lost almost 25% through the dt!

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Well I've owned like 25 vehicles in my life been on every forum and that's pretty typical for dt loss. Fwd Pentastar 3.6 lost almost 25% through the dt!

Hurray for you. Im 37 and ive owned a couple of cars. Been in the performance car scene, got buddies with high hp subies, evos, mustangs, bla bla who cares.
The 6sp gti is not losing 18% from engine to wheels.

katanamst279

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone tried making an 87 octane fuel economy adjustment?
Also what what psi would you recommend for 93 octane?

New to trying out this adjustment file, but don't wanna blow the car up by doing something stupid.

Thanks