GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Lol I know right

Cobb protunes make great power on other platforms and probably has a good future in the mk7. As for as APR Ive seen enough dyno charts vs ED that it seems like a wash power wise.

Waiting on Maestro:)

I guess the natural progression of this discussion will be Maestro vs Cobb protune; which one should I buy??

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
I would say cobb simply because their tuner network is huge....and the ap is a very slick gadget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
If you already have ED, it'll be cheaper to get Maestro

if it's ever released

I agree it will be cheaper to stay with ED, but I'll have to find someone who knows how to tune with Maestro which seems like a difficult task compared to all the people who are able to tune and e-tune with Cobb.

chirikotoji, How do you the the ED tune stacked with JB4?

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Meth on our application isn't much of a octane booster through the throttle pipe unless we're running direct port. Only benefit I saw with the w/m was lower iat on a 50/50 mix.

I'm hoping to use meth to decrease my ait and allow me to advance my timing. RJracing was able to use meth to increasing his timing with a stacked apr/jb4 tune. I don't know if it'll compensate for my crappy fuel but it's worth a try!

References
so methanol injection lowered my IAT's 20-30*F across the board, keeping timing high throughout an entire pull when I turned the boost up. For those that aren't aware, with our setup over 25psi, 1 degree of timing will make more power than 1psi of boost in most cases... so meth is the key to adding big power on a stock turbo and the JB4 controls the entire setup.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I'm hoping to use meth to decrease my ait and allow me to advance my timing. RJracing was able to use meth to increasing his timing with a stacked apr/jb4 tune. I don't know if it'll compensate for my crappy fuel but it's worth a try!

References

I know RJ is using meth. So am I. It still gets timing pull the lower IAT doesn't really help you increase the timing injecting through the throttle pipe vs if it was direct port or even throttle plate for increased octane to get that advance timing.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
I know RJ is using meth. So am I. It still gets timing pull the lower IAT doesn't really help you increase the timing injecting through the throttle pipe vs if it was direct port or even throttle plate for increased octane to get that advance timing.

I'm not trying to run a 98oct setting with 87 octane fuel over here. I'm trying to run a 93oct tune with crappy 93oct fuel. Meth appears to have a positive result for some people which is enough motivation for me to try. If it doesn't work at least I'll have lower ait. What other options do I have? Move to a place with e85? Buy VP gas online? I guess I can sell my car and buy a Tesla so I don't have to worry about poor quality gas :cool:

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I'm not trying to run a 98oct setting with 87 octane fuel over here. I'm trying to run a 93oct tune with crappy 93oct fuel. Meth appears to have a positive result for some people which is enough motivation for me to try. If it doesn't work at least I'll have lower ait. What other options do I have? Move to a place with e85? Buy VP gas online? I guess I can sell my car and buy a Tesla so I don't have to worry about poor quality gas :cool:

Meth will help, for sure. It only increases octane slightly when injected from IC/Throttle pipe, but it should at the very least allow you to run the 93 file cleanly with 93 gas, lol! Along with lower IATs, better knock resistance clean your cylinders, etc :)

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Meth will help, for sure. It only increases octane slightly when injected from IC/Throttle pipe, but it should at the very least allow you to run the 93 file cleanly with 93 gas, lol! Along with lower IATs, better knock resistance clean your cylinders, etc :)

Yes! Running a 93oct tune with 93oct fuel without timing pull is all I want :D.

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
Last edited:

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
So

66F ambient
Starting charge temp 96F
Ending charge temp 105F (according to george, around 103F is magic #)

88F ambient
Starting charge temp 105F
Ending charge temp 123F

Yea...that isn't that great. Most of the aftermarket intercoolers keep it within 10-15F of ambient, so you're roughly 35-39 above.

Here is a unitronic one for comparison

77F ambient
Starting charge temp 91F
Ending charge temp 86F (at end of acceleration)
http://datazap.me/u/defining/ed-stg-2-adj-93oct-27psi-70-degrees?log=0&data=1-4&zoom=0-24