GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pawtucket Area V-dubs

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I've seen a GTI and a Jetta with APR bags around town, anyone local on here?

trawetser

Passed Driver's Ed
I just moved to Pawtucket this past week with my silver GTI, APR Stage 2+. I hear people squealing their tires after dark every now and then... When/where is that?

I actually really need to get my clutch replaced... Have the parts but not the means to do it myself. Any local shop recommendations?

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I was going to have the garage down the street from me do mine when it comes time. Just a little gas station / garage but the owner has been great to me in the past.

The Sunoco station at the corner of Cottage and Newport. Also, let me see your car...

trawetser

Passed Driver's Ed
I swapped out the turbo and the clutch has been slipping ever since... It's getting really bad lately, heh.

Most recent picture I have, not the best.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Also, a guy I know who's into the car scene knows someone who specializes in VW work. If you'd like I can send you his info. Never met him but I respect the source.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I talked to the guys at the Sunoco station. They do clutch work but weren't excited about the prospect of doing one on a VW. They did however quote me $70 to swap the downpipe which I thought was reasonable.

trawetser

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks. I did find a shop in Providence that looks like they specialize in performance cars, Banchwerks, and I think I'm going to go with them so long as the price isn't crazy. As for the downpipe, it's pretty simple. If you have some jack stands I can help you do it yourself in just an hour or two - save you a few bucks. The clutch work is going to be the first (and hopefully only) time I pay for labor on my car, I've done everything else myself.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I don't have stands or ramps, unfortunately. The price difference between buying a set and doing it myself vs the shop is small enough that I'm inclined to let them do it.

trawetser

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah $70 is a good price. Jack stands are a pretty good investment though, in my opinion. The only reason I don't have a set of my own is a buddy that used to live pretty close to me in SC had a lift in the shop in his backyard, so I never needed one.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, I'll pick up a set eventually. I had a pair but think they got lost the last time I moved.

I wouldn't be adverse to a second set of hands in removing the clutch line restriction doohicky though...